Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA IR conversion and night rating

Do we have others who have done conversions looking in? What is on their licence?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

And the licence is for life so unless its reprinted for another reason the remark is there for good

What’s bad about the remark? It says you have an instrument rating and they only attached a remark to it. Doesn’t change anything, does it?

I think its intended to be a restriction not a remark. But I’m not stressed about it just curious if other EASA countries do it

It’s only fair to have some evidence that I worked harder for my IR than you

It’s only fair to have some evidence that I worked harder for my IR than you

And there’s an example of the philosophy that has held back IR conversions for decades, kept the riff raft out of the IR elite, and maintained the ATPL TK in it’s current form.

The smiley has a direct connection to the irony in my statement and it actually refers exactly to the scenario you describe: I assume the CAA really wants to stamp this “easier” IR somehow.

I think its intended to be a restriction not a remark.

It can only be a restriction if it restricts something!

The “CB” might vanish on the next revaliation, but it might not…

Revalidation goes on the revalidation page (the one with the hand writing) so the page noteing CB-IR isn’t touched. I think you mean a renewal of the licence ( five yearly swap of the whole booklet). But under EASA there is no five yearly renewal anymore. The booklet is valid for life, so this wont change unless something else triggers it.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message