Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SEP IFR airplane with TKS/De-Ice?

boscomantico wrote:

I didn’t brew it myself, but gave the instructions to a chemical laboratory and ordered 100 litres. Again, it’s very simple stuff.

That’s a great idea. Any pointers as to what the price would be for that?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Totally depends on where you have it brewed and what profit they want to make. When I had it done, first time around, the cost was approx. 2€/l. Next time around, it was more like 3.5 €/l. YMMV a lot.

On the subject header, why does this aircraft not sell?

http://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=45021 local copy

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Donno, I was almost tempted to go for a P210 (for the comfort and flying in the upper teens), specifically this one as it has TKS which is rare on a P210. I stopped with the process as I was afraid that my operating budget would significantly inflate on what I spent now and I love flying my Bonanza even on shorter flights..:-)….This aircraft fits a specific mission profile I think. P210s have been discussed already in the past with pro´s and con´s. Going on this path you need to plan for additional reserves for the engine, air frame etc…This would be a very good candidate for Vitatoe TNIO550 upgrade if you have the funds. It would make it a real performer!! However the crowd in Europe having that kind of money still spend it on SR22 it think and not on a 5K Hrs + airframe. Indeed its an interesting proposition…
Basically I came to the conclusion that after having installed TKS or flying a P210 would not increase my dispatch rate. I still need to be able to take of VFR and pick up IFR during climb. Most of the time you can climb on top even with a NA, If your still in ice for a longer period > FL160 maybe it was better to stay in the ground……The P210 has to work very hard above a certain FL in the upper teens. Managing temps by a step climb seems to be the way to fly it….Having pressurization is comfy but it comes with an operating cost. Fuel flows are 4 gph more than what I do now…speed maybe max 10Kts faster, you loose time to climb also….This one doesn’t have flint tanks so reserves above 600Nm are to be monitored carefully….

Last Edited by Vref at 15 May 09:13
EBST

Bosco, did you supply the blender with the formula, or was it their own one?

Regarding the P210 in your post, another one has just gone down into a field (in CZ) with an engine which suddenly came completely apart after a few hundred hours (conrods sticking out everywhere, apparently) since an overhaul in the US (i.e. not some dodgy “usual suspect” company over here). There is a view that the engine compartment is very crowded and the installation makes the engine work too hard. One guy I know had an oil hose bracket snap (fatigue probably) and the exhaust burnt through it; he was lucky to get the plane back down in one piece. Of course the “definitive article” is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sure, like any other, the P210 has its downsides, some of which we already discussed. It still appeals to many. I was just wondering why, at now 120k, it doesn‘t sell at all. I would guess that a P210 with TKS and decent avionics, even with the rather high hours here, would go for 130-150k…

P.S. OF COURSE I did always supply the company with the formula!

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 May 10:15

Actually the people I had previously bumped into who bought non-brand blends, none of them supplied the formula…

Which formula do you use?

That P210 has over 5k hours and I bet you the general condition is poor.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don‘t have it in the top of my head. But it is (or used to be) supplied on the weeping wings website. Three ingredients only. But I doubt you can really save much money if you „only“ pay 4€/l from an official source.

I pay 6€/l (100 liters in one order – 20 canisters). Usually I spend this quantity in one year, so I don’t think it’s big item in overall flying cost.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
On the subject header, why does this aircraft not sell?

http://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=45021 local copy

Could very well be because of the broker they’re using.

I was very interested in a plane they still have for sale, talked to the maintenance firm and offered to be super flexible on viewing it where ever, etc. They’re not replying to emails and while they pick up the phone they always promise to get back to you but never do.

Anyway, I have just signed on a similar model from another broker which has been a pretty smooth process.

EGTR
59 Posts
Sign in to add your message