Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Birmingham - which handling agent...?

I’m planning on a trip for work to Birmingham next week and wonder if anyone has experience of the handling agents, which I understand is mandatory. I’m going to an exhibition at the NEC, do they park you at different places on the airport? If anybody has been recently I would appreciate learning from your experience.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

I would be really interested in this too, because I have a seminar to go to there in March.

Birmingham is obviously “just another airport” but it is probably pretty busy at certain times of the day and I wonder if they operate some sort of a slot system.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

No feedback so far so I will give them a call, starting with the Naxbox data

No avgas!

Administrator

Peter, I believe Signature are your best bet there. The others don’t do light GA. You are looking at £60 or so all in from memory.

Edit: don’t know about blue city. Maybe they do GA.

Last Edited by JasonC at 28 Jan 08:11
EGTK Oxford

Standby for some of the most idiotic “security” on the face of the planet……………… These are the numptys who confiscated the ( ANO required ) first aid kit from one of my cabin crew a few years back.

On a 1 to 10 scale of stupidity BHX security maintains a score of 15.

Clearly you haven’t done Manchester recently. They score about 47. :)

PS. We use Signature at Birmingham.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

I regularly use Blue City although they have limited hours. Signature may be your next best option.

I have created a price league table of aerodromes on another UK forum which includes the best price offered by handlers.

Last Edited by James_Chan at 28 Jan 14:47

James you should post that table here, so others can benefit from it

The site you refer to has in the past rather quickly deleted topics mentioning EuroGA and has derided our site by adding a “Y” to the end.

Administrator

derided our site by adding a “Y” to the end

The %age of male users would correspond rather well…

If you’re going to the NEC you could also consider Coventry. Might be a landing/handling fees vs. taxi fees trade off.

Oxford and Bidford
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message