Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Just bought a plastic enclosed name tag for 50 Cts Which I will keep for this and future events. Im good with faces but names not so much. Especially on this forum where everyone has a pseudonym.

@C210_Flyer This is great. I’ll do the same. Could everyone write a label with their information to make our social events more lively ?

Last Edited by Nestor at 03 May 17:05
LFLY, France

Current list:

Can anyone else who is planning to be there let me know, email, PM, or by joining the Telegram group here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

By the way, the high pressure area that will define our fly-in weather listens to the name of “Peter”, according to the German practice of assigning alternating male and female names in increasing alphabetical order to low and high pressure areas. Not that I am superstitious, but I think it’s a good sign.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Wx does indeed look OK for Sunday too. The little trough

might translate, as they usually do, into a PROB30 TEMPO of RA or some such. But then I don’t know anything about wx – I am just a windows xp button pusher

Administrator

Is it possible that because of that low we will have tailwinds on the way home??? What are the odds of a long flight with tail winds? Something is wrong. The planet will flip on its axis and the low will rotate clockwise Im sure.

The good news is that there should be no icing at least up to FL100 since the winds will be from the SSW. Unless of course the planet flips.

Isnt a Low of 988 MB considered almost a Hurricane?

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 04 May 06:10
KHTO, LHTL

According to Windyty (which is just plotting GFS data) the wind will be southerly the whole time.

Administrator
nametags with their full name, country (flag) EuroGA pseudo, homebase and type of aircraft

Even if I am not participating, allow me to STRONGLY object to the “country(flag)” bit – this is a pan-european forum, if any banner must be carried it should be the “five-pointed stars of gold on a field of azure”. Or perhaps our own variation of golden wings instead of stars, or some such. What might be useful is an indication of languages spoken, but – perhaps to the surprise of some – there is not a one-to-one relation between countries and languages, in Europe.

Last Edited by at 04 May 17:21
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Re. plastic name badges: I managed to borrow 40 badges. I bring them over.

LFLY, France

Gala Dinner on Saturday, May 7th evening
The municipality of Carcassonne is very happy EuroGA forum chose their city for their annual convention.
They welcome us and offered their assistance in organizing a Gala Diner for Saturday evening.
They convinced one of the city’s best place, Restaurant Comte Roger to be privatized for us that evening.
In addition they plan to send one representative to attend this Gala Diner, and open it with a welcome speech.
The local press has also been notified and should show up for interviews with our leader ;-)

The restaurant’s capacity is 40-50 seated guests. I told them we would be between 30 and 40 persons and they agreed (below 30 they might want tpo accomodate other guests).
The price is 50€ per person all included: cocktail, drinks, food and coffee, with a seasonal (fresh) set menu which they recommend (see below).
However we need to confirm the total number of guests by Friday noon.
Anyone cancelling beyond this time will have to pay the and agree to pay the meal anyway.
Based on that please send me your reservation now (with possibility to cancel until Friday 12:00noon LT).

Je vous fais parvenir une proposition de menu pour le dîner prévu samedi 7 mai 2016
FORMULE À 50 €

Poêlée d’asperges vertes de Maître Jacques, éclair d’œufs brouillés concassé de tomates aux agrumes
Pan fried asparagus, scrambled eggs

Épaule d’agneau du Pays d’OC longuement rôtie, son jus au ris d’agneau et lentins de chêne de Fontiès d’Aude
Shoulder of lamb roasted, calf sweetbread, mushrooms from Fontiès d’Aude

Parfait glacé au muscat de Saint Jean de Minervois et son oreillette Languedoc inné
Chilled parfait flavoured with muscat wine and Languedoc style sweet fritter

Boissons comprises

Apéritif carcassonnais l orkina sabatier accompagné de petits fours variés
vin bouteille régional
café

En espérant avoir répondu à votre demande et dans l’attente d’un prochain contact recevez nos meilleures salutations

Cordialement

Pierre MESA
04 68 11 93 40
RESTAURANT COMTE ROGER CARCASSONNE

Last Edited by Nestor at 04 May 20:29
LFLY, France

Sounds good. Sally and I will be there!

Sign in to add your message