Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

With Achim’s help I have created a Telegram group called

EuroGA LFMK

To join it, use this link

I’ve taken out the previous posts about the other method because some people would click on the links there

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

First sign of trouble. One of my passengers who is involved with airports and weather just wrote me about a front moving into France for the weekend. High Winds and rain the whole 4 days. Any thoughts?

KHTO, LHTL

One can see the MSLP for Friday and that looks great

Administrator

Hello @Peter,
As discussed in Friedrichshafen, would it be possible for everyone to prepare nametags with their full name, country (flag) EuroGA pseudo, homebase and type of aircraft ?
This would facilitate interactions.
Thanks

LFLY, France

I think that’s a brilliant idea. How about something that goes around your neck? That is how it is normally done. I still have the one from a Greek fly-in from 2013

Administrator

Concerning the weather, the current (non-aviation-specific) prognosis I have access to show the front moving in on Sunday. Until Saturday it should be fine.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Friday seems to be good, Saturday maybe slightly worse and Sunday will probably require morning departure to avoid heavy rain forcasted for the evening. And that seems to be consistent across few different forecasts.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I bought the Golze weather data equipment for just such an occurrence. So Im very interested to see how it works. It seems this weekend will be a real test.

Name tags around ones neck? Im thinking that I might buy a plastic name tag holder so I dont have to constantly make one up for such events.

KHTO, LHTL

blueline wrote:

Concerning the weather, the current (non-aviation-specific) prognosis I have access to show the front moving in on Sunday. Until Saturday it should be fine.

Amazing only 3 hours ago Weather Underground was calling for rain Fri Sat Sun and Monday. Now its only Sunday and Monday.

KHTO, LHTL

Forecasts at this range are a complete waste of time – unless one is just looking for a reason to not go

AFAIK all wx data available for free beyond the range of the UK MO MSLP charts comes from the same place: The US-run GFS model. And the free websites mostly lift the stuff off each other… And the GFS model is 12-24hrs out of date at any given time.

In this case, the wx at LFMK depends on how quickly that high pressure dissipates and nobody can forecast that so far ahead.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message