Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

Is there a city tour of the city?

Bus tours can be great fun, and nothing stops anyone drinking wine on the stops

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If getting a tour, you probably want to do a tour of the old city rather than the new city. There are no vehicles in the old city, so it will be a walking tour.

I’d also highly recommend coming back at night for a walk around the old city, when all the tourists have gone home. It’s much more athmospheric at night when it’s gently light up and quiet. You can really get a sense of being back in medevil times. There are some restaurants open at night there, so might be an option for late dining.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

C210_Flyer wrote:

Looked at the menu and its everything but French maybe I missed something.

Thats odd… for me the homepage was in english from the start. They seem to have winery tour followed by a tasting/dinner. begins at 1600 and costs 75 euros PP. It is about 10 km outside carcassonne, within taxi or biking distance. Anyone interested in this on friday? Saturday would be a too small separation bottle-throttle… :)

sent a mail asking for start times for the different tours..

Last Edited by mcrdriver at 29 Apr 13:22
ESG..., Sweden

We are getting in Fri.I meant the cuisine is anything but French. Perhaps its Colonial French.

Peter wrote:

Is there a city tour of the city?

I had checked trip advisor and the guided tours of the city had a lot of negative reviews. So we plan on doing a self guided tour with a walkman or some sort of tape people had mentioned.

KHTO, LHTL

Well Ive been busy. Looking up different vineyards and selecting the ones with the best reviews.

Here they are Domaine Latour Boise Laure-Minervois, Chateau La Vouite Gasparets and Chateau DesKarantes.

I rented a car and we have 3 but it fits 5 so Nestor or mcrdriver if you are still interested we have space for 2 more for the sat wine tour.

KHTO, LHTL

Any ideas for a group meet-up somewhere?

If we get anywhere near the 50+ people actually arriving, it won’t be possible to get a restaurant, and even if you could, nobody would be able to talk to anybody but the persons near them.

The airport is not a good place for an organised meet-up because people will come at different times. I would suggest Saturday the 7th May.

Administrator

I think where ever it is it should be no earlier than 7 PM since we are doing the wine tour thing in the countryside and dont want to rush back.

Its funny with 50+ people this thread is fairly silent.

KHTO, LHTL

If we get anywhere near the 50+ people actually arriving, it won’t be possible to get a restaurant, and even if you could, nobody would be able to talk to anybody but the persons near them.

If we are near 50+ people, we can get an entire restaurant. :-) Not sure if we can organize this, though because a) it’s rather late already (from the restaurant’s point of view) and b) it’s rather early (from our point of view) to tell how many actually show up.

I would be in for any event on Saturday evening, but I have never been to Carcassonne, so can’t bring in any specific ideas.

Maybe some of those who don’t do the wine tour earlier can also meet up impromptu for lunch, this could be organized through a dedicated thread on here to see who has actually arrived and who hasn’t?

Last Edited by Patrick at 30 Apr 10:29
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

That weekend is apparently some religious event…

Chances of getting a whole restaurant are nil, I think.

It’s true that most people don’t post but we can do only so much

Administrator

Thursday ( May 5th ) is Ascension Day which is a public holiday in France – so if people take a holiday on Friday they have altogether 4 days off …

EDxx, Germany
Sign in to add your message