Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

@Alboule
I may, but I won’t be able to stay for the 4 days. I was thinking about flying in the 5th and back the day after.
I will have free seats !

C210_Flyer wrote:

If you can’t make that date I can offer you a Private Tour on May 7th for 3 of you. The price is €525 and includes our expert wine guide, pickup and transport, the visits and tastings and a delicious lunch with wine.

Hi @C210_Flyer,
It was great speaking with you and everyone yesterday at #FriedrichshafenEDNY2016 diner.
For much cheaper than that we could just rent/share a car for the week-end, see local historical landmarks (some impressive castles there) and visit wineries on our own, maybe also family wineries. I plan to arrive on Friday PM and leave on Sunday PM.

LFLY, France

FLY-IN BRIEFING NOTES – VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL TO READ

Read this PDF

In short, the airport is OK for us to go there but it took a lot of negotiation.

The aeroclub, who originally said it’s fine, later said they don’t want to get involved. Also it took weeks to establish / re-establish contact with them. Finally, after weeks, we were able to establish contact with the airport administration itself.

Aviathor and StevenR have done a huge amount of work sorting this out.

Earlier, Dublinpilot produced this, and this was posted here some time ago.

WHAT WE NEED

• aircraft type
  • aircraft registration
  • planned date/time of arrival and departure
  • airport codes for arrival from and departure to

of all aircraft planning to fly to Carcassonne LFMK. We will send this to the airport nearer the time. Please send them to me by email or PM. Please don’t post them here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am not going to post the aircraft reg openly

Administrator

Please keep this thread on-topic for now, because I get loads of emails from people who want to come along but they tell me they want me to email them the details because they don’t have time to read through 276 posts

Best to send details, including cancellations, to me by email or PM.

Also I am aware that some people don’t want their aircraft reg or base airport posted openly.

Administrator

Nestor wrote:

Hi @C210_Flyer,
It was great speaking with you and everyone yesterday at #FriedrichshafenEDNY2016 diner.
For much cheaper than that we could just rent/share a car for the week-end, see local historical landmarks (some impressive castles there) and visit wineries on our own, maybe also family wineries. I plan to arrive on Friday PM and leave on Sunday PM

Hi Nestor it was great meeting and chatting with some of you. Always love hangar flying with food and drinks being served.

I discussed it with some members of the group (two ladies) and they would like to be wined and dined with a chauffeur who can multitask and entertain at the same time. I suppose they intend on tasting a lot of wine. Plus there would be at least 5 people. As far as I know there are two more that want to go. If we get 7 people it is only 100 Euros which is not bad considering it will cost me 3000 Euros R/T with the plane.

PS Sorry for not responding faster but have been out of comunicado and really busy.

KHTO, LHTL

Peter wrote:

Also I am aware that some people don’t want their aircraft reg or base airport posted openly.

I would not be worried about the people here because the NSA and all the govt snopes know all about your dirty laundry. So listing your base is the least of your privacy worries.

KHTO, LHTL

A letter from the wine tour company.

[email protected]
11:29 AM (15 hours ago)

to me
Dear Eugene

I have given this a lot of thought and I am reluctant to arrange this tour for you under these circumstances. Our relationships with the wineries we work with are very important to us and we do not want to mess our wine makers around especially as the 7th is a Saturday and therefore many wineries are not normally open. If I book tastings wine makers will not take up other options for that day and if I cancel they will not be very happy. I also have a reputation for quality tours to uphold.

The only way we would be able to do it is if we go to wineries where winemakers probably will not be there and obviously this limits me to which wineries I can take you to. I can offer to run this tour for you myself and therefore you will have the value of my experience of the wines of the region and I could perhaps offer you a tasting of wines from different wine makers on top of the wineries we will visit. This would obviously add to the costs and will need to be covered by the group.

I will understand if the above suggestion is not to your liking in which case, reluctantly I have say no to your potential booking and I hope you understand.

Best regards

Wendy

I guess we will be renting a car and exploring on our own. Mcrdriver, if you have the time to look up which are highly prized vineyards that we can contact on our own for a tasting visit it would be helpful.

KHTO, LHTL

Ok, this taken from the EuroGA folder looks interesting. Not particularly high prized but :)

https://ovineyards.com/

ESG..., Sweden

According to Wendy most of the vineyards are closed for the weekend. I will also look and maybe we can come up with something. I will report back now we have less than 1 week to make a decision. Also to rent a car which is another PIA to do in a city due to parking etc.

Looked at the menu and its everything but French maybe I missed something.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message