Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

6-9 May 2016 EuroGA fly-in to Carcassonne LFMK

I don’t think there is an ILS

I imagine people fly the GPS one or the NDB Z using GPS

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If there is no ILS it means it was decommissioned since I was was there in June 2013. A lot of ILS are being decommissioned in France these days and replaced by GNSS.

IIRC all approaches are to RWY10 with circling 28 if required.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 10 Apr 15:33
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

If there is no ILS it means it was decommissioned since I was was there in June 2013. A lot of ILS are being decommissioned in France these days and replaced by GNSS.

That’s certainly consistent with the NDB y marking 111.1 as ILS-DME.

I was just surprised not to find one, partly because I expected Ryanair to require a precision approach (unless they can fly the LPV?). Also because it is well known on this forum that the trio of ILS/Customs/Avgas is highly desirable for any foreign destination

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Just cked and no ILS. The RNAV 10 is down to 250. Lost 50 feet with the ILS removal. Thankfully I didnt listen and have my ADF taken out. Its a nice backup if GPS signals get degraded.

KHTO, LHTL

ILS was definitely there last summer when I land there returning from Spain – ILS Z and Y (and LOC Z snd Y) for RW10 (ILS DME CS 111.1).

I checked new maps and there are non of these, only RNAV and NDB approaches are available. However, NDB is combined with DME that was part of CS ILS-DME. I wonder if ILS actually works or only DME works.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I can see that LFMU also lost ILS RW09 and it was there last summer.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Sally and I will be there, arriving Friday, G-CBFM, TB21.

Paul

Peter wrote:

I imagine people fly the GPS one or the NDB Z using GPS

Confirm !

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good grief, going by that list you’d think that Maule MX-7s were as ubiquitous as SR22s…

And WHAT! no C172?? Nul part ? Has nobody got one tucked away somewhere.

Anyway, good effort Peter, even if only half of us turn up.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message