Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

8 weeks and counting for UK CAA to issue IR

Application received by CAA on 15 June. I was advised today that due to a query raised by the CAA on PBN endorsement, the application goes to the back of the queue and it will be 20 August at the earliest before it is reassessed.

Temporary Certificate, on which I had been IFRing, expired yesterday.

It’s an IR via the CBIR route, so the counter service is not available.

Any suggestions on how best to escalate?

FI/IRI (London/South East)
EGKB (Biggin Hill), United Kingdom

According to all reports, the UK CAA tends to have a poor customer service these days.

I wonder what the PBN query was about? Did they give any details?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From other forum, the only way is to complain as high as possible.
So CAA complaint procedure, mail to the CAA CEO, mail to your MP, mail to the chair of the APPGGA

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

That sucks. I had the same issue 3 years ago (10 weeks, and there was no temporary certificate). It is actually detrimental to safety, as you get rusty when you should be consolidating your skills.
I had a few emails, but was met with the british equivalent of a gallic shrug (Something along of the lines of “I am afraid we can’t do anything for you”). They wouldn’t even waive the fees.

Sorry to hear Mark!

EGSX

I’m afraid 10-11 weeks is about par at the moment for the UK CAA FCL department. A simple conversion of existing aerotow and mountain privileges into the splendid new Euro-ratings took more than 10 weeks. I guess they’re very short of staff.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message