Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advice on SR22 share

Buckerfan wrote:

The FAA IR theory exams are dead easy to study for

The exams are indeed relatively easy but the IR itself has an oral TK exam component. While the examiner will tend to have pet subjects to use on her/his oral, perceived weakness in theory knowledge means they can continue to dig. Some examiners may take delight in extending the oral exam to the point that your check ride happens on the next day. Not an urban myth, so suggest invest in good prep. As in all matters some examiners may pencil whip the oral component. Good ones with a good reputation do not.

The FAA TK if done correctly is, I fear to say, much more practical than the EASA QB variety. In theory, on an integrated IR there is no oral component in EASA, just flight planning review. The oral component in the CBIR in EASA seems to be nodded through.

How two first world economic systems arrive at such different emphasis in TK training is for anthropologists. I would posit the average 90% pass mark QB EASA jockey would struggle on the practical questions of a well administered FAA IR check ride.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hey Robert

I am not sure to understand.

From what I read, the FAA IR Foreing Pilot Theoretical Knowledge does not involve any oral with an examiner.
Only the written TK, then the FSDO interview for the licence conversion.

Did I miss something ?

LFBZ, France

The IR check ride has an oral component, but I may be confused if this isn’t an original issue FAA IR. Can you acquire an FAA IR without a check ride?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yes, if you get a 61.75 validation and take the foreign IR theory exam. There is no practical exam and thus no oral part.

always learning
LO__, Austria

“Are there clear regulations for that case or is there the possibility that the plane ist grounded indefinitely because the dependents do not agree with what to do? Is there a written right of the remaining Co-owners to take over the shares at determined conditions?”
31 years sharing Jodels. One fatal accident – Group continued and bought another aircraft when the insurance paid. The estate had to wait for the deceased’s share to be sold
One sudden death – Group continued, used engine fund to pay out the estate, then intended selling the share.
One stroke, one cancer, one moved away – too many shares to sell so we sold the plane. The Group continues with another plane.
Did I miss any mention of syndicate funds, for engine etc.
And how much you pay per hour, and per month. And what the hourly is charged on?
You shy read the logbooks yourself.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Effectively, the “legal side” is another thing I will be looking in thoroughly.

LFBZ, France

Snoopy wrote:

es, if you get a 61.75 validation and take the foreign IR theory exam. There is no practical exam and thus no oral part.

I thought it only worked that way if you held a foreign IR. Is that the case being discussed herein?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Yes it is ;)
I hold a easa ppl + ir

LFBZ, France

Well then that is exactly how I did it back in 2017: I just scheduled the foreign IR automated test at an approved facility, then took the results to the FSDO and got my temporary license document all in one morning. Two weeks or so later I got the plastic card in the mail…easy peasy if you prepare in advance and happen to be in the US for a couple of days (pre COVID)

Antonio
LESB, Spain
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message