Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

African Air Safari: Cape Town to Windhoek and back

Are you by now sick (hopefully not) and tired of sitting at home and dying to get out and start flying again? Why don’t you join us on our next flying safari through Namibia? We have 2 seats available in our Cessna 206 flying from Cape Town and back to Windhoek in the period May 3rd until May 12th/13th. Or you extend the trip a bit longer by coming a few days early to join us on our wine-tasting tour through the Stellenbosch/Cape area. The whole trip is over 3 weeks, but we have an opportunity for you as we have 2 empty seats in the C206 giving you the opportunity to be a part of our group and co-pilot the Cessna 206 or maybe join us for one or two flights in the Husky. Send us a message at [email protected] if you are interested.

The whole 3-week tour can be found here.

Thanks Peter for letting me post this.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 15 Feb 10:48
EDLE, Netherlands

I don’t have time to come along, but I can only highly recommend flying in SA and Namibia! It’s some of the most amazing flying you will do in your life. I have flown in the area and even hold a – now expired – Namibian license.

To be clear – I am not affiliated with @AeroPlus or his venture in any way, shape or form, but traveling this part of the world by light aircraft is simply magical and I plan to do it again one day in the not-too-distant future.

I really would like to fly a bit in Namibia, and I am there twice a year for “hobby” purposes (doing astrophotography and such stuff). Amazingly, I woud even be around WIndhoek on the 3rd May :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

the kind of Namibia flying I would envision is very nicely resumed in this 3 part vid:

Preferably with my steed, with me at the controls
Was already in the planning stage a couple of years ago, but though the Canaries (GCLP) to say Walvis Bay (FYWB) leg has been done by quite a few others before, I just don’t have the range (actually 11:30h to dry tanks)… nor do I fancy any intermediate landing on the Western coast of Africa, been there too many times already

Next life, maybe

Last Edited by Dan at 16 Feb 16:31
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

What a fascinating trip, enjoy! — although I can’t make this one I’ll be keeping a keen eye for future trips.

Cirrus-driver
KSDL, United States

One day I’ll fly down to Serengeti National Park and further down just from here. Even flying throttled back and relaxed like I always do it’s only 23 hours of flight from where I am. Would only need 2 to 3 fuel stops. So absolutely doable. The only thing I don’t have for doing this at the moment is the same that I am lacking for doing a trip like it is offered here by Flyingafricanadventures: time…..

Germany
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message