Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After PPL training questions - ATPL, IR, ME.

Hi.
I’ve got some questions about further training and licence endorsements.
Given: PPL and ATPL theory – is it possible to combine CPL and IR training? I don’t expect to need ME for the time being – but is there a disadvantage in doing delaying ME after CPL/IR (only if eventually needed in future)?
Can the training centers be combined in any way you can imagine? For example doing ATPL ground school in France, NVFR in Sweden, CAA exam in Spain, license entry in Germany and practical flight training with examination in Poland?

Thanks and kind regards,
Andreas

Last Edited by Andreas_W at 10 May 09:28
Germany

If you do the ATPL theory and pass it, you can use it for your IR and CPL training. It depends on the training manual of the ATO you will attend, but my guess would be you would do the IR first and CPL second, or “combined,” but that would not save you any hours.

Yes, you should be able to take any EASA license/rating in any EASA state.

ESME, ESMS

Some hour building can be done under IFR if the IR is done first. The maximum proportions are about one half and a one third respectively depending on whether you do a single- or multi-engine IR course. An IR-SP-SE can be easily upgraded to an IR-SP-ME with a short course, following an MEP class rating course, at a time more appropriate to your needs.

If you really want to maximise the amount of hour building done under the IFR then head out to the US and do a Part 141 IR course. That course does not require you to have logged 50 hours of PIC cross-country time. If you subsequently fly 50 hours as PIC under IFR you can apply directly for a Part-FCL IR skill test.

London, United Kingdom

Qalupalik wrote:

If you subsequently fly 50 hours as PIC under IFR you can apply directly for a Part-FCL IR skill test.

Just to be clear, you would need to fly those 50 hours either in the US, or elsewhere but on a N-registered plane?

EHLE, Netherlands

There’s no geographical limitation in Part-FCL on where the 50 PIC IFR hours are done.

The US IR privileges can be exercised on a US-registered aircraft in the UK or EU/EFTA States subject to a validation or declaration if one is required. Depending on the State in question the validation or declaration, if one is required, can be used for non-commercial flying under IFR using a locally registered aircraft.

London, United Kingdom

There’s no geographical limitation in Part-FCL on where the 50 PIC IFR hours are done.

That is very good.

Pity one can’t do the whole IR over there

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message