Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIP SID/STAR plate naming totally disconnected from names used by ATC and the rest of the system

Here

LFMT BRUSC4R is called RNAV Rxy 30R.

How is this supposed to work in practice? Maybe it works because everybody who flies “for real” is using Jeppesen data which does it properly?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

LFMT BRUSC4R is called RNAV Rxy 30R.

How is this supposed to work in practice? Maybe it works because everybody who flies “for real” is using Jeppesen data which does it properly?

BRUSC4R doesn’t exist, it’s BRUSC6R and it’s called like that – it doesn’t have any other name. Maybe the issue is that all RNAV departures for RW30R are presented on the same plate and consequently you find only one item in FF SID list.

If you use Jepp plates in FF than BRUSC departures are all separately listed: 6N, 6S, 6R RNAV and 6L RNAV. If you use SIA plates (as in your example) you have two sets of plates (CONV and RNAV) and you can easily find your SID knowing your departure runway and your navigation capabilities. So for RNAV departure from 30R you just open RNAV Rwy 30R plate and you find all departures there including BRUSC6R.

Last Edited by Emir at 16 Aug 09:40
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

BRUSC6R is what I meant

Yes, Jepp plates show the normal name.

I did work it out, but try doing it in a hurry Also I normally study all the SID plates before calling up for a departure clearance.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I did work it out, but try doing it in a hurry

If you use SIA (AIP) plates regularly it looks logical. The thinking is: I’m departing from runway 30R (I’m supposed to know that), I’m RNAV capable (I know that as well), so I have to open file which is called “RNAV Rwy30” and it contains SID I need. Jepp logic is opposite: I’m asking ATC for clearance, they give me BRUSC6R, I open plate “BRUSC & MENS 6R RNAV DEPS” and I find there BRUSC6R SID showing that this is actually departure from runway 30R. TBH I like Jepp approach more because on big airport with multiple runways it’s more user friendly.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message