Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aerocar

huv wrote:

I am sure all instructors have noted the tendency for many student pilots to turn the wheel in the direction of the turn when turning on the ground. Actually, some certified pilots do it too.

Once I did not fly for ages and went flying solo, first thing happened after it started moving for taxi is I used the yoke to turn, I would have been very ashamed with someone around

Airborne_Again wrote:

One the instructors in our club told a story about a very low-time student who, during the takeoff roll, decided to shift into higher gear and so pushed the left pedal to the floor to disengage the clutch. The instructor did manage to save the situation…

Haha, FI briefing: right/left rudder can be used as accelerator/break in automatic car for power induced yaw (if prop is turning +) but he forgot to mention something about the manual clutch/gear (reminds me of an instructor who asked a student if they can release the Aerotow rope on their first trial glider flight at 2000ft, he pulled at 200ft )

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Apr 15:56
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

MedEwok wrote:

The C172N which I mainly rent nowadays is terrible to steer on the ground, with pedals, as the pedals seem to require a completely arbitrary amount of pressure to create the desired change of direction.

Ask for your money back. Probably a knackered steering bungee and shoddy maintenance.

Biggin Hill

What has been mentioned many times at this web site regarding purchasing aircraft, applies to flying cars, too. To buy one, you have to define your mission profile first.
If you define it smartly, you can get a vehicle that is legal in the air, legal on the roads, and commercially available today.

https://www.gyromotion.eu/home

Last Edited by Pavel at 13 Apr 11:54
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message