Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Colt from Texas Aircraft

Another “new” C-150 sized aircraft, the Colt.

Originally the Brazilian Conquest 180. Looks nice. Has a chute.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

There seem to an almost endless supply of downsized, nowadays lightened planes modeled on Cessna’s layout, stretching back to Partenavia, Beagle and Rockwell of the 60s It says a lot about the validity of the concept but I’d guess Tecnam will be one of few survivors, other than Cessna. Cessna itself copied their design from Luscombe and there wasn’t room for both in the giant market of that time.

This one seems to be generally like the Glastar/Symphony in its materials and construction.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Dec 17:57

What Rockwell design followed Cessna’s layout?

T28
Switzerland

Rockwell Commander Lark

Discontinued when the Commander 112 was introduced, simultaneously replacing both this high wing design and the Meyers-derived 200D which was by then out of production.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Dec 18:19

Oh, the Volair… probably the last aircraft I would’ve thought of in conjunction with “endless supply”.

T28
Switzerland

Obviously I was pointing out that many Cessna-derived designs have been certified over many decades up to the present, but most of them have not succeeded in the market. I think Tecnam is an exception. About 700 Rockwell Commander high wing aircraft were made, not terribly successful, so a good example of my point.

I think most people people would judge this ‘Colt’ design to be another example in the making. The good thing about it is that as with many previous aircraft, it may well be a good aircraft but it will in case of low sales depreciate like a rock and you’ll be able to buy one in 5-10 years for lets say $35K. Then in the US you put in FAA Experimental LSA category and maintain it like a home built. The market can be your friend, sometimes more so if you zig when others have zagged.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Dec 19:53

A useful load of 213 kg in the brochure probably means less than 200 kg in real life. That is not enough for flight training in an aero club…

ESSZ, Sweden
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message