Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Acquiring a Meridian

speed wrote:

got the data from Jeppesen and google maps. Declared distances rwy 36 are TORA: 675m, TODA: 675m, ASDA 790m, LDA 576m. Just the opposite if you are operating from rwy 18.

I did fly the Meridian to EDFC which is rather similar in dimensions. Landing is never really a problem no matter the weight, it will stop very fast. But the take off on such airfields is the issue. You can not simply load and fuel up. Out of EDFC with 4 people I will only take fuel for maybe 1,5 hours including reserves,so only 45min usable. The plane can haul quite some load, even if a passnger did maybe lie about his/her weight, but then you want 1000m of runway. Anything less and you have to take care.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

What about JetProp on similar runway?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have not considered JetProp. Usually they are older airframes and the performance is not that different from the Meridian.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Well it is better in the JetProp, especially at their respective MTOWs, but that doesn’t necessarily help

EGTF, LFTF

speed wrote:

I have not considered JetProp. Usually they are older airframes and the performance is not that different from the Meridian.

I just bought a used Jetprop which was ferried to the UK a few days ago. The big advantages of the JP over the Meridian include 1) much shorter take off run, 2) faster climb rate (2,500 fpm at MTOW), 3) slightly more fuel efficient, 4) no airways charges.

The one I was lucky to find is in very good condition, 2007 airframe, 2014 conversion, 2,000 hrs AF, 1,000 hours engine, within your price parameters (ex import duty).

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I don’t know where all the figures come from?
Operating a Meridian 1999kg is BS – wrong mindset – sorry!

I operate my Meridian at a 700m airport. Landing is no problem and departing on GW either.
POH does it confirm.

Figures:

Let’s calculate 300lbs/h on short trips.
Meridian Useful load 1700lbs

Full fuel = 1150lbs
you can carry 250kg payload (3 adults each 83kg) 1000NM +45Min, But Calculate in a real world 850NM safe Range

Trade fuel for pax and range
Fill it with 600lbs fuel and
you can carry 500kg payload (6 adults each 83kg) 300-400NM

80% of my missions are alone or 1-2 passengers.

Sometimes I fly all seats occupied for example EDMQ (Donauwörth) to LDLO (Losinj) 300NM a 1:20h flight and need 380lbs

If it fits your mission, it’s a perfect plane.

EDMA, Germany
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message