Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

20 years with the TB20

Probably in a few years’ time.

I am still good for 22 (touch wood) just renewed my Honeywell subscription :-)

They want 5Hz. I am 100% sure this is BS

Wondering if this is the full story as ARINC 424 moved to more path and terminators (23) which were unavailable at the KLN conception period ARINC Specification 424-13. E.g radius to fix if I am correct?

Last Edited by Vref at 25 Apr 15:09
EBST

Fantastic endorsement of tb20 congratulations

But 100k warranty bill for avoidance of assumption do you mean Socata had to fund repairs totalling 100k ?

EGLK, United Kingdom

Yes, in list price values. Obviously the cost of rectification was far less than 100k; the margins on avionics from factory to list (end user) are pretty big. If the stuff was billed back to say Honeywell then the gross margin is ~90% e.g. a GTX330 costs only about $300 to make.

I gave them a hard time during those 2 years because I knew that once the warranty ends I will be left high and dry. That in turn resulted in me getting not getting co-operation on later matters. This is how this business works, which is one reason why most owners of new (in-warranty) stuff keep their mouth shut – they need to preserve their dealer relationship. I never had a functioning “dealer relationship” so was free to document it all The dealer (Air Touring) went bust after a few years anyway. Of course the other reason owners keep quiet is because they want to preserve sale value later; this doesn’t worry me because a) I don’t plan to sell; b) I will go public with my problems if it helps others.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message