Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

BU131 Bucker Jungmann

I’ll send you a PM with more detailed info.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 28 Apr 14:27

I have a few hours in our club Jungmann, and they fly well, easy to land with the forgiving landing gear, but honestly I can take about 30 mins of open cockpit and I’m done. I’m sure if I got better open cockpit equipment I’d enjoy it more – something like a good motorcycling helmet. I’ve flown just with my Bose and with a cloth covering with a headset built in – both still let a lot of annoying noise in.

Doing aerobatics in them is fun, easy, and forgiving. Ours has a lycoming io360 if I’m not mistaken, which was plenty of power for this little guy, even with someone in the back.

Don’t forget to lock the tailwheel before takeoff!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Itsdescendnotgodown wrote:

Thanks Buckerfan! Size is a concern, I’m 1m92 and ‘broad-shouldered’.

I am 6 ft 1 inch and similarly broad shouldered. The feeling of possible claustrophobia is obviously personal. I have flown a Pitts and don’t remember the same feeling. Just spend some time in the plane before committing.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I’ve got some Jungmann time. Best airplane I’ve ever flown. By far.

She’s got some tricky sides to her (as already mentioned above), but I’m quite sure you won’t regret going for one.

Your height shouldn’t be of any concern.

The 150hp Tigre engine is very capable (found in the CASA Jungmanns). They are simple to maintain. Many of them have also been fitted with inverted fuel and oil system.

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

Itsdescendnotgodown wrote:

I used to fly a mid-wing EA300

and since you also quote a Pitts… go and try a Bücker out… you might be disappointed by some. It is an old classy grand lady with very nicely harmonised flight controls, but don’t expect the performance as found in modern aerobatic mounts. Fantastic aircraft for Sunday aeros, but you will not win an unlimited contest with one.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Thanks for all the tips. I’m actually looking for a classy lady to take out on Sundays! Brutal aerobatics are not for me anymore:).

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

Benoit is the king of the Jungmeister :)
If I’m not mistaken he won this contest already a few times: https://vintageaerobatic.com/

Last Edited by jvdo at 04 May 10:56
EBMO, EBKT

Nicely filmed video of formation aerobatics in Jungmanns. The close ups of formation clover leaves are quite breathtaking.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I don’t know whether you have found one already, but I know someone that has his for sale. Not sure whether its the right plane for you though. It’s a replica, ULM-experimental, Rotax 100 hp, and has Spanish air force livery. But since you mentioned a ‘Sunday stroll’.. Pretty cheap too to buy and run I suppose.

He recently told me that he is talking to an interested buyer. Let me know if you are interested should that sale not go ahead.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
In Poland they produced a number of faithful Jungmanns with Spanish Tigre engine I believe . My guess in the video above these are same type. These may turn up for sale in times, no UL category certainly. Vic
vic
EDME
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message