Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Beechcraft V35A Bonanza

Correct. And having currently no working, precise fuel level sensor (but a correctly working fuel totalizer) makes this a little more interesting.

What surprised me is the stability of the Century III autopilot. I expected to switch asap to a gfc500, but not so sure anymore.

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

Congratulations. If you have not already done so, join the ABS. They have a plethora of technical support and free online courses on your Bonanza. I don’t know if there are any BPPP instructors in your area, but it is well worth doing the free ground school and getting someone with Bonanza training experience. If you don’t have knowledgeable instructors in the vicinity, I can give you some flight exercises to expand your understanding of the Bonanza. I am a BPPP instructor, have owned my V35A for 43+ years and am also a technical advisor for the ABS, mostly dealing with electrical and avionics issues.

KUZA, United States

With the V35A, you can’t legally takeoff without at least 13 gallons in each tank. So you need to be sure that you will be able to refuel if you land with less than the 13 gallon minimum in each tank.

Sure, but this is likely one of the most ignored limitations out there. Particularly in Europe, where not every airfield/airport has 100LL.

What surprised me is the stability of the Century III autopilot. I expected to switch asap to a gfc500, but not so sure anymore.

Yes, some of those old autopilots just work fine. The Century III obviously doesn’t do coupled approaches, IAS climbs, etc. but I guess you will find loads of more important ways of spending your money in the next few years I am afraid…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Forgot to ask:

Why EDM and not Garmin 275 EIS?

Last Edited by Snoopy at 07 Oct 20:08
always learning
LO__, Austria

NCYankee wrote:

With the V35A, you can’t legally takeoff without at least 13 gallons in each tank.

Is this actually a section 2 limitation in the POH? What’s the reason?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have used the term. No reason is given in the POH, although I assume it has to do with possible fuel supply unporting in case of vigorous turning during lineup or so.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Airborne_Again wrote:

Is this actually a section 2 limitation in the POH? What’s the reason?

Yes, it is a required placard in the limitations, section 2 of the POH. It has to do with the possibility of the fuel pickup getting un-ported in takeoff attitudes or turns. Depending on the tank bladder part numbers, later models may included a flap that blocks fuel from moving outboard from the pickup in a turning departure on the runway. Bonanza pilots are taught not to make quick accelerating turns on to the runway on departure for this reason.

KUZA, United States

I am member of both ABS (love the online courses) and EBS.

EDM930 vs GI275 mostly because we can reuse existing sensors of the EDM700 :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy

boscomantico wrote:

The Century III obviously doesn’t do coupled approaches,

The Century III in my V35B does do coupled approaches, when set up correctly.

Welcome lukepower, to Bonanzaland! Excellent aeroplanes.

lukepower wrote:

having currently no working, precise fuel level sensor

Installing a CiES fuel gauge (and new senders) greatly simplified my fuel management. The Totaliser tells me how much total fuel I have left, but no information as to which of my 4 tanks it is in.

Bluebeard
EIKH, Ireland

yeah, we habe now bought nearly all stuff fornthe remaining upgrades. Cies sent the furl senders today btw :)

LOWI,LIPB, Italy
Sign in to add your message