Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Cirrus is moving forward with the three test aircraft (C0, C1 and C2) making progress in the FAA testing. Latest news is:

Completed all FAA certification flight tests with dry air ice shapes on C0. We talked a few months ago about the process involved with replicating various icing conditions by creating these dry air ice shapes. The tests prove that the flight characteristics remain safe for continued flight and landing throughout potential icing conditions.

All critical natural ice FAA flights are also complete. The flights utilized C1 and will mark the conclusion of all FIKI certification ground and in-flight testing for the program.

Certification of the Vision SF50 pressurization and ventilation system is complete on C2.

It is now in the initial certification process for the electrical and avionics systems both at the LRU (Line Replaceable Unit) level in the lab as well as during on-aircraft testing.

Certification of the trailing link landing gear system is also now complete.

Aerodynamic loads have received certification approval, which supports closure of all the static structural testing completed in 2015.

C1 will now prepare for completing the CAPS system testing. We already have the parachute design and extraction process certified, and will now focus on full system integration.

So some solid progress is being made and having three test aircraft definitely helps but some challenges still lie ahead.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

@Cirrus_Man

and also Aero Poznan at EPPO is about to install the first SF50 Full Flight Simulator worldwide. A couple of days ago I was invited to “fly” it when I go there in March. Looking forward to that!

Flyer59 wrote:

and also Aero Poznan at EPPO is about to install the first SF50 Full Flight Simulator worldwide. A couple of days ago I was invited to “fly” it when I go there in March. Looking forward to that!

Spent two hours in it today. They still have a few bugs to iron out, but generally it’s usable.

The cabin is on a rotating platform with all sim computers also on it. This means that it can freely rotate around vertical axis and there’s no limit to number of turns. The cabin is always aligned with sim aircraft heading, so even the compass works.

As for how the aircraft flies, I can’t say much. It’s only a simulator. Final performance model is not programmed yet.

Operating the G3000 is quick and easy compared to G1000. Very nice.

LPFR, Poland

Yes I have heard others who have also seen it and say it is quite amazing.

I think I will attend the CPPP in May in Poznan and have a crack at it myself.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

“Flight testing not required for Cirrus jet’s parachute system”

here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wow. Who wants to be the first?

LFPT, LFPN

Flew the Cirrus SF50 Full Motion Sim with the original G3000 Avionics today at Aero Poznan, Poland. Great experience and easy to fly.

That looks mighty impressive !

EBST, Belgium

Mooney_Driver wrote:

So that is why the term “useful load” was invented, which is NEVER really “useful” at all unless you fly a glider.

Just a side note: It’s not entirely useful even in a sailplane, really. For one, there is a cockpit load limit. IIRC, all single-seaters in current production have the bare minimum the regulation permits (110 kg IIRC). A big chunk of the MTOM in your typical pure (= no engine) sailplane will be usable only for the ballast. And then you’ll probably be aiming for a more specific CoG value than just staying within limits. I suppose one could argue that water ballast is useful but this number won’t tell you much. Water balast is a bit like fuel, you choose the amount of water based on conditions – the stronger the conditions, the heavier you want to be. It’s not something fixed.

Last Edited by Martin at 23 Jun 21:51

Hello guys,

Does anybody as seen a POH of this aircraft ?
I’m looking at take-off and landing diagram.
Need to operate on a 900m runway…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB
Sign in to add your message