Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

For a low utilisation aircraft (usually minimum 150hr on all) after warranty periods (so from year 4 onwards) it is approx:

ProParts: $115/hr
Power Advantage/Poweradavatage+ when below 1000 hours on engine: $107/hr/engine
Protech (Europe): $256/hr

EGTK Oxford

What is then the bottom line if you cover everything (including all the airframe maintenance) on a programme, plus of course fuel?

Hull cover on a 2M plane is not insignificant too – of the order of 10-20k?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Do I understand correctly that the prowhatever gives you everything except fuel, insurance and hangarage for around 600 dollar? Sounds cheap. 100k per year at 150 hours.

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

Do I understand correctly that the prowhatever gives you everything except fuel, insurance and hangarage for around 600 dollar? Sounds cheap. 100k per year at 150 hours.

Yep, that is correct. The only thing that wouldn’t cover is non-mandatory service bulletins.

EGTK Oxford

Mooney_Driver wrote:

And a $200/hr engine program which means whatever happens its their problem? I’ve heard worse

TAP Blue is very comprehensive, Adam is overly pessimistic.

We recently had an ignitor tip fall off in an FJ44, which went through the hot section. Williams have REPLACED the entire hot section, including all labour costs, all covered by TAP blue.

Last Edited by Neil at 30 May 15:48
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Peter wrote:

Hull cover on a 2M plane is not insignificant too – of the order of 10-20k?

Definitely not that high.

EGTK Oxford

I have this TAP document from Adam.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This link has a Cessna program list from a couple of years ago.

http://www.omnijet.com/forsalecessna/cessnaprograms.pdf

EGTK Oxford

It will be very interesting to see if they or Williams offer a sub-150hr program for the CirrusJet. If the market they’re going after is SR22 customers looking to step up, they pretty much have to. If not, it could get expensive. As in pre-pay-for-300hrs-at-beginning-of-year-expensive.

Neil, I’m sure the program is great when you’re on it. But my initial point was about the second hand value long term. Let’s say they don’t offer a below 150hr minimum, how many CirrusJet’s will be up to date with whatever the minimum is (300hrs pre-pay?) after 5 years? I very much doubt all of them. And to then get back on the program is a very costly affair. And if you don’t, even costlier.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 30 May 16:59

AdamFrisch wrote:

Let’s say they don’t offer a below 150hr minimum, how many CirrusJet’s will be up to date with whatever the minimum is (300hrs pre-pay?) after 5 years? I very much doubt all of them. And to then get back on the program is a very costly affair. And if you don’t, even costlier.

You don’t pre pay a year. You pay monthly based on usage. If you don’t use enough, they charge you the balance at the end of the year.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message