Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bonanza operating cost

Vref, that is what I see. I run at 9k, 11.2 fuel, and see about 160. That at 65%

Not bad numbers…you have the IO470N right?
Coming back to the question , the Bo six cylinders performs better then an IO360’s My previous 200 HP M20J became asthmatic at FL100. The Bo is a better performer for European ENR IFR IMHO as you need to fly most of the time >FL080 anyway to have some route efficiency….
Anyway being 155 160 does not matter too much as the wind is the major factor my trips are min 3hr30 till 4hr15 depending tail or headwind..
Got a DCT two weeks ago from DKB (Dinkelbuhl VOR) till STO (Vienna) that’s 242Nm…for those who don’t believe it I have a picture of it..

Last Edited by Vref at 30 Sep 20:25
EBST

@Vref: Do you see a significant difference in maintenance cost between your M20J and the Bo?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

400 to 450€/h by 120-150h a Year

EDAZ

A good value book is John Eckalbar’s Flying the Beech Bonanza, also useful because it makes you think about other types and how the author might analyse their characteristics. In short a good primer on aircraft performance.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yepp I have that one excellent wrting and quite scientific approach

EBST

Honestly I don’t calculate its bad for my emotional state I have done some expensive upgrades new interior, 8.33 Khz,EHSI, tip tanks and a partial repaint

But fuel wise btw the Bo and Mo is not that kind of huge difference as people often say. E.g I burn about 25 liters more with the Bo for a 580 Nm stretch however much more faster, comfortable (noise, vibration and seat comfort)

Last Edited by Vref at 30 Sep 20:54
EBST

Honestly I don’t calculate its bad for my emotional state

Oh yes, I can relate to that . Nevertheless, would be interested in some numbers.

400 to 450€/h by 120-150h a Year

What’s included in that number? Obviously more than just the maintenance?!

I can’t as my Mo was EASA reg and the Bo N reg it’s like comparing apples and oranges IMHO

EBST

Yes, highly recommend Eckalbars book. In terms of internals, the major difference in the Bonanza, against most other types in class, is the space, comfort, and stability. Flies like a mini airliner….

Blueline, for an average 85-100 hours per annum, I budget £28,000.00. That’s everything. That figure includes some of my planned maintenance items. These are not cheap aeroplanes and like all frames, require regular and knowledgeable maitenance. Now that could be another discussion altogether.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 30 Sep 21:04
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
Sign in to add your message