Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus BRS / chute discussion, and would you REALLY pull it?

Michael wrote:

I’m SHOCKED at how many pilots do not don the shoulder harness (when installed) on legacy acft , during TO/Landing !

Are you serious ??? Have a hard time imagining anyone to be that dumb…… then again, I guess that’s called ’natural selection’.

172driver wrote:

Are you serious ???

I am dead serious.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

dead

Pun intended?

LFPT, LFPN

Quote I’m SHOCKED at how many pilots do not don the shoulder harness (when installed) on legacy acft , during TO/Landing !

I suppose you meant “do don the shoulder harness” instead of “do not don”.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

I suppose you meant “do don the shoulder harness” instead of “do not don”.

I think he wrote what he meant. That is he is shocked how many pilots choose to take off/ land without the shoulder harness.

Michael wrote:

I am dead serious.

Fair ’nough. Now I am shocked.

Martin wrote:

hat is he is shocked how many pilots choose to take off/ land without the shoulder harness.

Correct.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

On a similar note : A couple of years ago the owner of a 1965 Cessna Centurion asked me to assist in transferring the plane from French to FAA reg.

Before actually taking on the project, I asked to see the plane and do a survey to determine what might be needed.

The airplane had a very impressive full new Garmin stack, brand new leather interior and recent paint.

I was shocked to see that the seatbelts were not only original from 1965, but the co-pilot was frayed and of course there were no shoulder harness installed in the plane .

I suggested that the seatbelts would need to be replaced to be airworthy and it would be a good time to install shoulder harness.

Despite my pointing out that in the event of an off airport landing or off runway excersion and the likelyhood of the co-pilot ruining that new avionics stack when her face gets smashed against it, he declined .

Needless to say, that was the last time I spoke with that owner.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

he declined

I am sure the same person would set the chute as the number one reason he purchased a Cirrus (if he would to do that). I think that, except perhaps boating and cars, there is no place where people justify and defend their reason to do/purchase specific things after they have gotten it, rather then in generic terms up front. It’s the heart that decide which aircraft to get, not your brain, so no need to justify anything at all in my opinion.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

It’s the heart that decide which aircraft to get, not your brain, so no need to justify anything at all in my opinion.

Maybe, but it’s the bits of brain that’s going to muck-up that beautiful Garmin stack …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message