Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Twin-engine piston four-seater V-24

Greetings! I am Alex from Ukraine. I’d just like to present our new aircraft V-24 designed and manufactured in Brovary, the suburb of Kiev, by Softex-Invest LLC.
It is a light four-seater, low-wing twin-engine aircraft of normal category with a T-configuration empennage. The airframe of the aircraft is manufactured of composite materials. So, the composite corrosion-proof airframe, makes the aircraft suitable for operation over maritime areas. V24 is equipped with the tricycle retractable landing gear with steerable nose. The powerplant includes two engines ROTAX – 912S (100 h.p. each), installed on external pylons, located on the upper surface of the wing. This aircraft may be used for various purposes, like pleasure and business trips, surveillance etc.
If you are interested to learn more, pls., see our web-site softex.aero and feel free to ask me questions.

Ukraine

I have never heard about it, but it looks real nice. I would guess expensive also.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Looks really nice ! Looks like they’re making two versions – Rotax and Lyco. On the website only the Rotax version is marked as ‘certified’.

Looks like a little mini-Avanti.

Price?

Nice – however I’d replace the green Nav light on the left wingtip for a red one
Is a Rotax 914/915iS Turbo-Version planned as well?

EDLE

Hi gentlemen,
I’d like to thank you for your comments and questions.
Yes, our aircraft V-24 (Softex.Aero) is not widely known, we are a relatively young manufacturer. As for the price – it is not very high in comparison with other aircraft of this class. For example, the price of Tecnam P2006T is about 450,000 Euro, that of Diamond DA 42 is appr. 500,000 Euro, while the price of V-24, IFR version, is 390,000 USD, that of VFR version is 360,000 USD. V-24 is type-certified in Ukraine.
…Presently we do not have an aircraft, equipped with Lyco, but we are prepared to manufacture this version too, based on a request (The same regards Rotax 914/915iS Turbo-Version)…
…V-24 really resembles a bit Piaggo Avanti, but there is nothing in common……Regarding the position of Nav lights on the wing tips. You must have seen a 3D image on the website, it gives a wrong idea. The position of Nav lights on the aircraft in reality is correct.

Ukraine

Kovach25 wrote:

V-24 is type-certified in Ukraine.

Well, I am an old fan of Ukrainian airplanes as a former PIC AN2. Yet, I am also aware that a type certification in the Ukraine means exactly nothing in Europe or the US, where you will need a full EASA and FAA certification. How is the status of that? Both are giant undertakings which so far have killed more projects than anything else. I can see that you received Ukrainian certification 4 years ago, so I suppose the certifications elsewhere have gone nowhere yet.

I looked at your site and your documents. Unfortunately, it does not say a great deal. The only usable information is about the weigths, even though it remains to be seen if the “typical empty weight” of 800 kgs is realistic or as with many other manufacturers the actual airplane will weigh a lot more. As such, it is not bad as a 4 seater with a possible payload of 290 kg with full tanks or 72.5 kg/seat. Family of 2 is the operative word, however, not many families will manage to travel with 30 kgs of bags…

But for the rest, your site sais pretty much nothing about cruising speed, consumption (40lph for both engines?) and so on. And what “modern avionics”? Particularly for IFR a lot of requirements are to be satisfied in that regard.

Many of us have developed a very pronounced mistrust in companies who pop up with fantastic designs which either never fly or if so, end up on the experimental market because certification is unattainable. I wish you luck, but won’t hold my breath.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message