Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Airfield closure not shown on NOTAM briefing

The Norwegian one I think is only open to Norwegian pilots if I remember correctly.

Sort of true, DublinPilot - I applied to register, and they said that I had to show that I fly to Norway regularly (or be based there) - neither of which applies to me. I'm not sure what the advantage is.

But you can still use the narrow route briefing system. I just find it useful to use one site, which gives me everything, MET and NOTAM, in one shot, from any internet connection.

2G1R

I take it they don't want others using it because they allow registered users to file flight plans through it for flights anywhere in the world (not just ones involving flight through Norway). However like the French Olivia, entering the flight plan on this system doesn't actually file it. There is a human at the other end who reviews it and makes corrections or sends it back with questions.

If they allowed anyone to register then they would probably end up processing flight plans for people who have no connection with and never been in Norway. Hence why they require some connection.

Can't blame them really ;)

EIWT Weston, Ireland
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message