Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Amsterdam SAIL 2015

Tomorrow starts SAIL 2015, the largest free public event in the world.
Tall ships from all over the world visit Amsterdam and the event attracts millions of visitors.

I was surprised to find out that special VFR routes are designed in the Schiphol CTR so you can watch the classic ships from the air.
Kudo’s for Air Traffic Control The Netherlands for making this possible!

If you want to fly over Amsterdam and watch the tall ships, below the procedures:

18th of August 2015
19th of August 2015
20-22 August 2015
23th of August 2015

Last Edited by lenthamen at 18 Aug 13:32

Kudo’s for Air Traffic Control The Netherlands for making this possible!

I can only second that. Thanks for mentioning!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Cool

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Wow that looks spectacular! Is this an annual event? Would be great to arrange a fly-in with a few people and charter a boat. Seems quite a few people on EuroGa are also interested In sailing or boats in general. What are the transport links like from Rotterdam? which I’m guessing with the flying club doing thre handeling for GA would be more reasonable.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Planning to go flying at Saturday. Will share soms pics.

jkv
EHEH

@Alex_ SAIL comes to Amsterdam every 5 year. Transport from Rotterdam to Amsterdam is excellent but I have no idea what the connection Rotterdam Airport to the station is like.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Thanks @Peter_Mundy Rotterdam is on the 2015 get to list!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Today I did the “SAIL route RED” with two teenage girls in the back.
There was a lot of crosswind and it was turbulent low level, so they were surprisingly quiet :-)

This was the only photo which I was allowed to share. Teenage girls think they’re ugly if their face is visible in a photo ;-)

The SAIL Thank You parade in the North Sea Canal

A wheel and some tall ships…

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message