Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An amazing Socata TB21 wing repair job

US AOPA article and video

Definitely worth watching. One of the really interesting things is just how flexible the main spar seems to be, without the skin in place.

It also shows some appalling bodge work done by a previous shop.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The spar is a beam, designed to take bending, not torque. Torque is taken by the skin in this case.

I don’t understand how it got that way. What certified mechanic would do such a thing?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Very interesting.

Forever learning
EGTB

Nice video and always great to see true craftsmen plying their art.

That said, I seriously doubt that project was economically viable and surely a second-hand wing would have been cheaper.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I think wings, in a better condition than your own, are hard to find nowadays. Socata, according to a recent revelation posted here, don’t make any Tarbes-fabricated parts anymore.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I think wings, in a better condition than your own, are hard to find nowadays.

Well, that is a relative thing but not surprising coming from a fanatical owner of a late model GT

Socata, according to a recent revelation posted here, don’t make any Tarbes-fabricated parts anymore.

I followed up on that discussion with a conversation with the head of procurement at ENAC, operator of 37 very active TB-20s, and he said he was not aware of formal decision to stop producing TB parts .

Last Edited by Michael at 22 Nov 09:24
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

The AOPA magazine article is now here

Administrator
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message