Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An amusing exchange in Colmar (LFGA)

Flew down to Colmar at the weekend which was stunning – a must-see as a destination and a great GA airport, with the nicest controllers I’ve ever encountered for sure

Having diligently downloaded and completed the 24HR PN customs form from the airport website (two days in advance just to be sure), I arrived expecting to see the Douanes out in full force, or at least one of them, but the airport was deserted.

A man suddenly appeared from a dark office asking if he could help us. I asked him if he’d like to see our passports. He shrugged and replied, “Have you flown from North Korea?”. “Erm, no…” said I. “Well, in that case”, said he, “we are not interested”, then beamed the widest grin and ushered us to the exit.

Aviation is full of surprises.

jgmusic
North Weald, United Kingdom

There is a fantastic Christmas Market there from November. A few of us from EuroGA went a couple of years ago. Well worth a visit, especially as you now know its GA friendly.

EGBE (COVENTRY, UK)

I had the opposite experience. Three douaniers looked at all our luggage and personal effects. Perhaps they mistook our departure point… North London for North Korea…. :)

Colmar is a good winter meetup – this is 2016.

I think the police behaviour will always be pretty random. I have had mostly polite ones, and 2 or 3 horrors

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message