Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

An interesting type for sale: Mooney Cadet (M10)

An interesting type for sale: Mooney/Ercoupe Cadet (M10)

230kg UL, 800fpm, 15kft ceiling with 40kts stall
C90hp engine that gives 95-105kias on 20LPH

It’s certified (Univair is TC holder): CoFA, IFR, STC…
In US, they can have ‘kid seat’ (90lbs) modification
In Europe, kids under 2 years needs own seats

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I saw that type. Quite exotic.

In Europe, kids under 2 years needs own seats

NCO.IDE.A.140 Seats, seat safety belts, restraint systems and child restraint devices
Regulation (EU) 2019/1384
(a) Aeroplanes shall be equipped with:
(1) a seat or berth for each person on board who is aged 24 months or more;
(2) a seat belt on each seat and restraining belts for each berth;
(3) a child restraint device (CRD) for each person on board younger than 24 months;

Child restraint device

always learning
LO__, Austria

If you’re really interested in the type, believe it or not an owner wrote a book about them in 1987. I bought a used copy because I was curious about what would motivate such a writer.

Mainly I learned that when I get really old and really grey and want a plane that is super simple to fly, the original Ercoupe would be a good choice. It was very clever and hard to beat in that regard. The Mooney version removed most of the clever stuff and was just a way for Mooney to get a trainer without having to develop a plane from nothing. In doing so they made a normal plane, not a highly developed Ercoupe.

The Cadet would be a nice enough plane for somebody who wants to fly inexpensively, in something a bit unusual. It’s fun to have and maintain something different. Typical useful load is about 200 Kg, 75% cruise is 95 kts TAS and the max climb rate is 630 fpm per the book.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 May 16:10
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message