Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

And now for something completely different...

http://theballybomber.com/

Haha, wonderful! Look at the series of pictures under '2013'.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Pfffiieeuuww! A most impressive undertaking! What a lot of time, money, determination, frustration and doubts must have gone into it! Thanks for sharing the link, Aart.

Some more detail info would be welcome though: what engines are being used? The site just says "240 hp" which I read as 4 engines of 60 hp each, but 60 hp aviation engines are rare... not modded VW's, by any chance?

BTW is there a "generic" set of formulae for scaling aircraft up/down? Like for example linear scale x 2, max gross x 6? Power x 2, Vne x 1,2 ?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Very impressive... it must've been an unbelievable amount of work and is apparently all solid riveted. I'm not sure I'd want to fly it. You go first :-)

I did a little web search and the engines are Hirth F30 two stroke four cylinder. It appears that (unlike in this configuration) the engine is normally fan cooled and the cylinder heads are installed at an angle to line them up with the shrouded airflow.

Sometimes I see things that give me positive proof that I am actually NOT CRAZY (Yippee!) unbelievable ...

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message