Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another trip over Germany

In next 2 days I’m planning to visit 2 cities in Germany: Bremen and Rust.

For Bremen I presume EDDW is the best choise. How GA friendly and expensive is it? Perhaps, it will be NVFR

For Rust, I have two options: EDTL or EDSW (requires PPR and no confirmation yet).

I’d appreciate any suggestions and opinions. Thank you!

EVCA

Bremen isn’t very expensive. Figure 30 Euros give or take. Just avoid to refuel there; they have some of the most expensive Avgas in Germany. Some nearby airfields are 50-60 cents less.

Altdorf is a small club type grass airfield. For PPR, make sure you phone them. No use sending emails, even if they do publish an email address…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Jul 11:26
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ganderkesee, 30 km from Bremen. Good field with a good hotel

And what about EDTL? It looks quite large, with good runway, avgas, oil, etc…

EVCA

Sure, it’s a fairly regular airport nowadays. Avgas also very expensive (consider a hop over to Colmar) and long taxi distances. Very little action. Otherwise, it will work fine.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 18 Jul 18:23
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

For Rust the Offenburg Airport is another option, or Colmar in France, which is a very good airport and not too far away.

Thank you! Will try to contact EDSW tomorrow. It’s not clear that they have AVGAS avlbl.

EVCA

I can recommend Colmar, great GA place and reasonably prices on fuel (2.20 something a couple of days ago).

Landed at EDTL. Very accessible and convinient, relatively close to Rust, but AVGAS is expensive as expected – 2.94EUR, so I’ll make stop to refuel somewhere else :)

I considered Gunzburg with LegoLand (that’s trip for my kids) as next destination, but the weather is not good overthere and no hotels avlbl. So, we’ve decided to change to Phantasia land. Could please anyone advice an airfield close to the park? (Bruhl city)

Last Edited by pshz at 20 Jul 19:50
EVCA

What about Koln/Bohn airport? Is it GA friendly/expensive?

EVCA
21 Posts
Sign in to add your message