Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any good and accessible German airports north of the Wall (Alps)?

I had police arrive in Mengen in a helicopter to do a normal passport check for me today. Expensive for a 20 second passport check but helpful as I got to go where I needed to go.

EGTK Oxford

Bleriot wrote:

Regarding Samedan: for some peculiar reasons the special qualification requires for light SEP in addition to the online test an introductory flight with a qualified FI. Affected are airplanes of ICAO approach category A, meaning approach speed 90 kts or lower.

See this thread that I started today.

ESSZ, Sweden

So I was planning to go via Schwäbisch Hall EDTY but headwinds seems to be stopping me from that. We will now go to Erfurt EDDE instead. It seems straightforward, we are able to land there early in the morning so it won’t delay us too much.

ESSZ, Sweden

Schwäbisch Hall EDTY is a very friendly airport, IFR and a good Italian restaurant in about 500m walking distance.

Based on this report we did a fuel stop at Schwabisch Hall EDTY. I can highly recommend it. It has an ILS. Friendly people.

It is a great place. Make sure you have the Spaetzle.

EGTK Oxford

Nice to see some pictures from EDTY. Their staff was very friendly and quick in their email response which I liked. They were also able to refill Oxygen, for about 150 euros.

The staff at Erfurt(EDDE) also delivered a good service. Lack of english was obvious but words like AVGAS and Mastercard or VISA seems to be universal. ;)
We were able to make a quick stop and get back in the air again which was appreciated.

ESSZ, Sweden

They were also able to refill Oxygen, for about 150 euros.

This is the bizjet emergency oxygen refill thing. I used to pay 150 at Biggin Hill UK many years ago. You just need the right fittings

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message