Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anybody Flying to Greece in May/June?

In the (german) pentecoast school holidays I plan to fly my Cirrus to Croatia and Greece. Maybe somebody else has the same idea and we could meet somewhere on the road (Airway :-)).

Route will probably be: EDML (Landshut, Bavaria) – LDSP (Split, maybe stay a day, I have family and friends there) – LGKR (Corfu, refueling) – LGML (Milos, where a friend has a small hotel, which is full, but she would find a place) – LGIR (Heraklion, where my wife and kids are, by airline, maybe stay 1-2 days) … route back still completely open. Depending on weather and other factors like greek authorities i also might fly to Milos only, or park the plane there and take the ship to Crete. Or …. whatever :-)

I have asked a pilot friend to come along, but he has not yet decided. If he doesn’t come I’d have a copilot seat (or the left seat for SR22 qualified pilots)

What are the dates of these German holidays?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The Bavarian (each state has its own dates) school holidays are MON MAY 25 to FRI JUN 5, plus the weekends before and after.

Here are the dates for all German states: http://www.schulferien.org/Schulferien_nach_Ferien/Pfingstferien/pfingstferien.html

I will be in Greece 30 May – 6th June anyway (Lesbos LGMT)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message