Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anybody gone fully electric?

That doesn’t justify a 5k price for something that including a 30% margin is worth 500 USD max.

I didn’t say it was good value for money, but a GNS430 or a GTX330 also costs only a few hundred $ to make.

Similar products do exist, at similar prices – example – but not suitable for driving the King autopilots which are very common in GA and normally perform very well.

This one is $6000

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Which is why the GA industry is joyfully nailing its own coffin shut not one nail at a time but with a nail gun and blaming it on “global context” at a time when 500k usd supercar sales flourish. End users don’t help either, thinking a graphic engine monitor is the best thing after sliced bread, when for a fraction of that money one could have a chip doing the engine work for you and let you concentrate on the actual thing one buys an airplane for – flying and enjoying the views.

Peter wrote:

Ben – What did he exactly do? I mean, what equipment did he install?

It is sometime since I saw the aircraft so i might be wrong with some of the details. He is all glass, no vacuum, if memory works he said that the pump was removed. He has all Garmin touch screens with traffic warning, all singing dancing panel. I will be at the airfield on Sat. and will take a photo for you, better than my rumble.

Im Going all electric with my DR400, the Standby attitude system is one that has internal battery back up.

It will also have what Boeing would call a “hot battery bus” that will be switchable in case of a major DC bus bar failure, this Bus will only power No 1 GTN650.

The carrage of a hand held GPS/NAV/COM with an external anttena is also planned.

Peter
Did not forget, the aircraft is off the field for annual.

Ben

Hi Peter

Here are the photos. Apologies for the time it took.

27 Posts
Sign in to add your message