Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anyone flown a Beech C23 Sundowner?

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I think Narco avionics are better than what people say about them

The analogue side of my old Narco functioned fine, however, the display (I had an 810 like the ones in that stack) was very unreliable. In the end with the transition to 8.33 spacing not too far away, I ended up getting rid of it when the display failed for the nth time.

Last Edited by alioth at 19 Dec 10:10
Andreas IOM

Funny old thing that, the aircraft was sale agreed this morning for the asking price. It was priced well below book value. I don’t know what Euro IFR 2017 spec airplanes are on Planecheck for less than 35k euro. The people I know in Ireland who fly in IMC on the IFR system are flying ;

SR22
C180
C210N
TB20
B58P
C310
T182R

All their aircraft are easily worth 2x the price (and often much more) of the C23 Sundowner. That is only a very select group, there are 100’s of airplanes very happily flying long distances VFR giving their owners vast enjoyment. That is the mode in which the C23 Sundowner will serve its owner well. Roomy VFR 115tkt 4 seat transport. A Garmin 795 or iPad on the control yoke with mains power can do amazing things for the VFR pilot, much more so than a 1998 designed panel mount GPS.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

WF congratulations on finding this a/c a home – it looked nice and in some variants they were aerobatic, which attests to the build quality.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message