Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AVGAS and customs Europe map

Exactly. A map like that does make sense really only for a few countries, i.e. big countries where avgas is knowingly scarce. In addition to Greece? It might make sense for Bulgaria anf Romania, as an initial planning tool in order to understand how to „set up“ a trip. But why do it for GER, FR, UK, NL, AT, CH, etc.?…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Jun 14:08
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Why not keep it simple @Peter.

Make a google account „euroga“.

Make a google map, share the edit link in a designated thread. Every couple of weeks, copy the edited map into a non editable version (in case someone out there does damage). Share the non editable / read only link on the main page of euroga.

The same data could also be gathered in a google table.

If 20 people from euroga take 30 seconds to add some info of recent airports they used that would already be a lot of data.

Cost? Zero!

Keep it simple also applies to the data:
Fuel Type F uel
Customs C ustoms
Immigration I mmigrations
PPR Ppr
Opening hours Hours
Contact Tel/Mail T elephone
Free text X

Last Edited by Snoopy at 30 Jun 20:27
always learning
LO__, Austria

I would not know how to do this, but I am sure someone does.

How much can one rely on google to keep hosting it?

It’s probably not hard to write it in PHP.

However, it is certain that someone will try to trash it. In aviation, and particularly between forums, this goes on. Perhaps the best way would be to tie the write privileges to EuroGA members. However, that is a lot more work…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can set this up easily around mid next week. Will email you the link.

I wouldn’t worry about google and reliability.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hello

Just an example of some kind of difficulties to get the right information about AVGAS

VFR flight from LFPU to LIPV (Venise) the 18/6/2019 et return the 20/6/2019 : nearly 600 NM with ma BE33

I decide a refueling at LFLU VALENCE which you can refuel AVGAS with BP AUTOMATE (I have a card) for a short stop and I check the NOTAM : OK

Arriving LFLU the concrete RWY is closed and I land on a grass RWY not easy to visualize

At the fuel station AUTOMATE is out of service and I wait for the fireman because an urgency at the end of the RWY…Nearly 30 minutes ! Take off on the concrete RWY wich is now in use.

Way back flight I choose LFMA AIX LES MILLES wich had a TOTAL automate (I have the TOTAL card) and checking the NOTAM : parking at the fuel station and my card is not working..see EDEIS phone and call them : the answer is that they stop to work with TOTAL and I must use my credit card !

The VAC (up to date April 2019) AVT:
RFFS :
Carburants / Fuel : 100LL, JET A1
Lubrifiants / Lubricants : NIL.
Carte TOTAL / TOTAL Card: H24.
Paiement comptant / Cash payment: HOR / SKED : 0700-1700. TEL : 06 13 17 34 24.

Good to know : lot of airfields change for WARTER AVGAS provider wich is cheaper than TOTAL or BP.

Adls
LFPU, France

Peter wrote:

However, ultimately, there is no point is having data in such a database which exists authoritatively in the AIP – because any diligent pilot is going to go to the AIP anyway.

Having the date overlaid on a map is hugely useful and a time saver for planning purposes. It allows to select a likely “candidate destination” or “candidate fuel stop” or “candidate border crossing airport”, and then as a check go to the AIP and NOTAMs to see if the info is correct (and maybe also call them to triple-check).

ELLX

Peter wrote:

EuroGA is written in Ruby (…), but almost nobody knows Ruby and those that do are very expensive. But such a database could be written in PHP and there is a lot more expertise around for that.

Don’t get me started on a holy war, IT guys are good at that. :)

Seriously, I’m a bit surprised. Ruby on Rails was rather popular at some point in time. Obviously, not to the level of PHP, for which there are many code monkeys

Last Edited by lionel at 12 Jul 04:48
ELLX

Hi,

What about this site :
https://www.you-fly.com

The only Europe airfield info i know.

It’s not possible to make a partnership with EuroGA ?

LFMD, France

It’s not updated too often, and you have to dig for extra information, but the Google Earth overlay is good.

https://www.you-fly.com/aptkml/eu_avgas-data.kmz

Maybe we can contribute more. I bet if all of us update the prices from the last 3 trips we can make it 80% accurate.

LRIA, Romania

We will soon be starting work on a EuroGA airport database which will have fields for this info – here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message