Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Boscomantico LIPN has Avgas!

Well, sure, I do have Avgas in my blood. No news there.

What I want to say is that – finally – Avgas 100LL is now officially available for visitors at Verona-Boscomantico airfield (LIPN) !

A pump has been installed north of the runway, (hence, I little bit of taxying from / to the parking area is involved).
No PPR whatsoever is required. Price, as of July 2016, is 2.30 Euros per litre.

For any further questions, contact the operator: operations att boscomanticoservizi.it, Tel. +39 045 8103661.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Our Chanell: 100LL

:-)

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I’ll be arriving tomorrow afternoon and hope you’re right on the Avgas :-)

Many thanks @boscomantico, for the excellent info on your website about flying in Italy. I have booked a car with the company you recommend, and note that the PPR I gave the airfield is not needed.

EGTR

Since I’m happy to find AvGas in Boscomantico, there are a few other questions to solve: I’d like to arrive there at 10 am – is there any chance for transportation to Verona at this time? After our arrival, we would like to do some sightseeing there, followed by a tasty, yet not too expensive lunch – anybody? After that, we would like to leave after our visit to the medieval city at about 4 pm. Perhaps some of you (especially boscomantico) can give us some good advices?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Tobias

EDSO, Germany

Sadly enough, I don‘t get to Verona much these days.

Anyway: there is no proper public transport serving the airfield. They do have electric scooters (Lime) in Verona, but the coverage does go all the way to the airfield. So unless you have folding bikes, you need to get a taxi, which will be 25€ per trip. The radio operator or the Aeroclub will call one for you. Have the taxi bring you to Piazza Bra (Arena). Bring good walking shows, and from there:
Walk Via Roma to the Castello and Scaligero Bridge
Go To Piazza delle Erbe and beautiful surroundings
Walk alongside the river Adige, just outside the Old Town.

That will be miles enough.

For lunch, there is an endless number of places and you can choose according to your price wishes. On weekdays, some places have good lunch deals, but likely not so many in the old city centre. One place I always liked going to for simple meals was Pizzeria Redentore. Right next to the Teatro Romano. But again, there are countless others.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 02 Sep 06:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I can’t speak for the airport, but I was in Verona a few weeks ago (by car from Nice). I was there for the opera festival which I think is over now, so I guess it’ll be a bit quieter.

The old town is small – about 1 km across in each direction,. You can walk across and around it several times in one day, if you so choose. No need for any kind of motorized transport – which is just as well, because there isn’t really any. The two main centres are the Arena, and the Piazza delle Erbe. There are more restaurants, cafes and pizzerias than you can shake a breadstick at – just wander round until you find a place that takes your fancy. The food is generally good but not amazing. We did find one lovely place under the arcades on the Via Sottoriva, not so much for the food as the ambience.

There are some amazing churches – even if you’re not into religion (I’m not). San Fermo Maggiore, the Cathedral Santa Maria Matricolare, and others. Just wandering around the town and along the river banks (which surround it on three sides) is very enjoyable. There are loads of good shops for people who enjoy shopping (not me).

Have fun!

LFMD, France

Thank you so much for your help. The operators informed me this morning that AvGas will not be available due to a technical issue. So we replanned our route and ended up in flying to France to Nuits-Saint-Georges – a very lovely, beautiful place with the kindest guys out there. Definitely recommended!

EDSO, Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message