Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

By Helicopter to Moscow!

Seven machines have just completed this journey – that was not so easy!

A World First achieved. We arrived in Moscow last week, had a few days there and then returned via Belarus.

[deleted]

Safe flights, Sam.

PS We’ll not be doing it again. Very, very difficult!

Sam, where can we find a report of that trip. I’m especially curious about the details that made it “very, very difficult”.

I once was very much into Russia, had a company in St. Petersburg with branches in Moscow and Nizhniy Novgorod, been there countless times. Always wanted to fly there myself but since Putin III the country went down the toilet and I have not felt the urge to ever go back…

I can’t find the trip report either.

If the trip to Russia was “very, very difficult”, you probably didn’t bring enough money… :-)

Looks like there is no trip report. Just an occasion for some more advertisement…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have deleted the advertising bit, so we can have a proper discussion here. I am sure Sam will be happy to answer any questions and talk about the trip in detail.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Very happy to.

Am I supposed to put a trip report somewhere?

We should have a trackmytour online by the end of tomorrow though – I’ll post the link.

With regard to earlier questions:

• Very difficult, AND very expensive. Very opaque system (at best).
  • We had to file IFR – not too obvious in VFR helicopters.

Hard work. And yes, always keen to keep our trips in the public domain – perhaps Boscomantico would like to come on one?

What we would like to see, Sam, is a decent report on the trip, which readers here can learn something from.

Not just material advertising your company and the trips which you arrange at a considerable price. That would count as advertising and we don’t do that here on EuroGA. You can buy advert space on the other forums, or printed magazines.

In case you missed it, our Guidelines are here You can see that the other way you can keep mentioning your business is by contributing to the forum generally and usefully, but this appears more difficult for you

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’ll give it a go!

In the meantime, there’s an incomplete TrackMyTour here: http://trackmytour.com/bDznQ#771079

It’ll be filled in properly next week…

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message