Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CAMO and maintenance fees - Socata MS 892 (EASA SEP)

No. Regarding airworthiness matters, „your“ CAA is always the one in whose country the aircraft is registered. The country where the aircraft is „based“ is irrelevant.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

In this case “my CAA” would be the CAA in the country where I´ve physically based the aircraft

Yes, if you are looking for a CAMO physically close to the location of your plane. E.g. with a Portugal base, see which CA/M/Os are licensed by the Portuguese CAA. It can off course be any EASA CA/M/O (eg a german one for a EC registered plane based in Portugal) but that physical review is something to keep in mind. A local CA/M/O can see the aircraft every 3 years without complications. On the other hand, if it’s just reasonable travel expenses it might be worth to look further abroad too.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 18 Dec 11:34
always learning
LO__, Austria

Fly310 wrote:

Fly31018-Dec-22 08:5712
What is the reason for having it available to an ATO?
For myself to be able to utilize my own private aircraft, while teaching my own students/clients as a Flight Instructor (FI).

Will you do your own training in it at the ATO?
YES. Flight Training, not ground school
Do you hope that the ATO will rent it? How many hours a year?
NO. I will will be solely the FI on my aircraft. Maybe I will use it 80-100 hours/year for teaching

It does cost a lot extra to have it in the (commercial) ATO environment…
Got it

What are your qualifications for being the airworthiness manager of your aircraft?
Very limited. Though not zero, I do have a reasonable degree of insight from flying managed private jets. Anyways, the plan is CAMO
I am not saying that it is difficult but you must be aware of your responsibility and the things you have to do in order to keep it airworthy. Either you must know it or be willing to learn Part-ML.
I totally agree on that attitude. I´m planning on doing so

Having a CAMO being responsible for the airworthiness is about them taking full responsibility for the airworthiness, as in liability. That’s why they charge quite a bit extra for it. And often the competition from others in the area is non existent.

I appreciate this, and I´m, as you can see, trying to gather information and tap on prior knowledge in here and other places

Many thanks for your clarifying questions and stated opinions, it´s valuable.

Last Edited by Yeager at 19 Dec 07:34
Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message