Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Can one fit optically good windows in a pressurised aircraft?

They are curved.

EGTK Oxford

Lenthamen,
if the Cirrus had a storm window I wouldn’t complain :-))
Actually for photography i use my old Warrior, which has a storm window AND a special photo window.

In 2009 I did a Coffeetable Photo book about Munich, I did all the pictures through the storm window of my Piper …. flying steep turns while looking through the camera …

Here:

http://www.amazon.de/%C3%9Cber-M%C3%BCnchen-Above-Munich-Alexis/dp/372431020X/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1416933513&sr=8-5&keywords=alexis+von+croy

Focus: No need for Autofocus when shooting landscape from the plane. I just use a fix setting, a short exposure time and f 11 whenever possible

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 25 Nov 16:40

No need for Autofocus when shooting landscape from the plane. I just use a fix setting, a short exposure time and f 11 whenever possible

The problem I find is that most/all modern lenses don’t have the infinity setting at the mechanical stop. It is usually about 1mm away. True; F11 will make that non-critical but F11 or so robs you of a lot of light. Normally I use F8. But whatever I do, I find the focus moves around as the camera is handled. I guess one could, for aerial shots, tape up the focus ring with insulating tape so it can’t move

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message