Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Car rental at or near Son Bonet LESB airport (Mallorca)?

10 Posts

I might be flying to Son Bonet next week. Since I would want to stay for a couple of days (touring the north of the island), I would want to rent a car.
I want to avoid going all the way to LEPA to pick one up. Does anybody have current info on some car rental near the Son Bonet airport? Maybe even some outfit which is willing to deliver the car to the airport (not strictly necessary, I don’t mind a short taxi drive).
Last time I did this (10 years ago exactly), I rented a car from some small garage outfit not to far from the airport, but I don’t remember the name, of course..

@Antonio @aart

By the way, any must see places (beaches, restaurants, panorama points, etc.) in the very north of the Island?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi Bosco,
Rentals are all near or on LEPA. But it would be my pleasure to come and meet you at SB and take you there. And give you some tourist tips of course. Maybe even do some formation flying if you’re willing to throttle back a bit?
Keep me posted on your plans.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Thanks aart, very kind! Maybe yes, we’ll have a way to meet up. Will keep you posted.

Hi,

There is a company trying to set-up rental cars at LESB (the kind you pickup via your cell-phone, since it is not worth having an office for so little traffic at LESB) but I have checked with them and they will not be operational until later in the season.

Your best bet is riding to LEPA and getting a car from one of the majors.

I will be rather busy all of June but do let us know your days in case we can work out some aviation chit-chat…

Aart is always extremely helpful, you will be in good hands!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

@aart

Is it possible to land at Porto Cristo airstrip? It‘s almost 1000 metres long…

From this older article, I would desume it isn‘t…

Very well spotted Bosco!

It is not open to the public and, as you understood correctly from the article, a much disputed project. A few weeks ago I went to see the owner and had a long chat with him. He uses it himself (ULM) and would be fine for me to occasionally land there but right really wants to minimise traffic. The Spanish CAA gave him a green light, but the urbanistic process is still not resolved, and neighbours (quite a bit of them, on the south side as per the picture) are on top of trying to avoid that it becomes legal.. RWY is flat but gravel btw.

I think it makes most sense for you to use LESB anyway for a trip of a few days and being outside of the rip-off months July and August (65 euro/day for parking alone), as you will have fuel there.

In any event, if you are in for a ‘bush’ destination, might as well use ‘my’ field. 800m, gravel, and if you take it easy on the rpm for the first part of the take-off run it won’t damage the prop. Here it is, roughly 5 miles E of MJV VOR

Last Edited by aart at 02 Jun 09:59
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Meeting between aart and boscomantico accomplished…

The power of the Bo-nanza assuming that was the aircraft used.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

boscomantico wrote:

Meeting between aart and boscomantico accomplished

Clap clap!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message