Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Charlton Park

Aircraft parking

After landing park up anywhere in the field minimum 30yards off the runway.

Landing fee: £15

EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

Thanks Jude, I will call up in the morning anyhow to get runway direction from them. I am flying in with someone else, and he has to be back home by about 2, so we will need to head back about 1:15, but should be there about 11:00. I will keep a look out for and Bloomer and any other aircraft that lands :-)

Simon

As it happens I found myself here yesterday:

http://www.beetleandwedge.co.uk/restaurant.htm

My wife and I were impressed and so decided to switch on the Ipad/SD and see where the nearest airfield was and Charlton Park is only 1.5 miles away. Should make for a nice day out.

Forever learning
EGTB

Hi PiperArcher

There will probably be no-one there so use safety com. Runways 07/25. There is a windsock.

Should be 25. Avoid the village and don't forget to stop before the big house :) If 07 dog-leg round the big house.

Can get the local wind from Kemble 118.900 enroute

See you there. Should be leaving EGBJ about 11.45/12.00.

Might be a good idea to check this out in the morning as glider competitions in the area.

http://bgaladder.co.uk/SHOWTASK.ASP

Will happily take advice as to go / not go.

Will have another pilot/pair of eyes in RH seat with me anyway.

I should in theory have 30 minutes left of my journey by the time you get airborne Jude so imagine we will arrive similar time. I am hoping one of you kind souls will be able to help me re-start the Old Girl otherwise I wont be able to shut down. Eeeeek. Gatwick long TAF looks good but we will see on the day.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Yes I saw the gliding competition, there are NOTAMS all over the place, so I am just going to try and dogleg around them, and keep a good lookout. I am coming from the west so I guess I wont be infringing that one too much. For radio I was just going to make a blind transmission on 122.200 which is their A/G frequency. I also saw runways 20/02, but we will try and get the up to date wind from Brize or Kemble.

runways 20/02 are not to be used I understand, well according to the VFR Flight Guide. But then they don't have CP's A/G frequency either!

Cake is baked!

Sadly I wont enjoy your cake Jude. Aircraft radio went tech and before I get flamed (oh, yes, this isn't the Flyer forum where manners can be lacking) airfield of departure was too busy to let me out non radio.

A real shame as I was looking forward to this. I will just have to try again on me own.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Hi Bloomer,

Shame you couldn't make it. I was there for a few hours and met Jude and a partner, and Aussie Andy (from PPrune (who is taking a Archer 180 to Australia), with co-pilot Sam who was also there. And I have to say Jude's cake was very nice :-) I am not sure who else turned up as I had to leave at 13:30, but Lord Suffolk swung by in his BMW and said hello.

I shall put some pics up later.

Sign in to add your message