Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Charts validity (EDHK)

Hi all

The following challenge for e.g. Edhk

I read the national AIP and download the whole package of STAR, SID, APPROACH and TAXI charts. This includes traditional and GNSS procedures (overlays). Nevertheless you read names on arrivals I would expect in my nav database

Then I look at the jeppessen database on my iPad with the latest cycle and realize, there is no star, all GNSS approaches / arrivals are missing !!! Same also counts for the airplane database (current as well)

On the papers of the AIP you read something like dec15 to feb16 as issued dates. We have April and still nothing at jeppessen?? Do I get something wrong? How do you handle this

Thx again

I see ILS/LOC 08, ILS/LOC 26, NDB 26, SID to EKERN, HAMBURG, LUBECK, RENSU

And a taxi chart.

What does Jepp FD show for you?

EGTK Oxford

Same for me…
But the national AIP also shows GNSS approaches and arrivals

Walter wrote:

all GNSS approaches

The only difference that I can see is than Jeppesen does not have the STARs (which are not RNAV STARs in the AIP!). There are only three approaches (ILS or LOC 08, ILS or LOC 26 and NDB 26) which look the same in AIP and Jeppesen. And the SIDs are all there in Jeppesen, both conventional and RNAV. So it’s really only a matter of the missing STARs.

NB: I have no access to the original paper AIP, only the Eurocontrol/EAD online version. This has no RNAV approach procedures for EDHK.

Last Edited by what_next at 04 Apr 20:22
EDDS - Stuttgart

So how to deal with an arrival clearance you don’t find in the charts? Only national AIP has them?

“unable, request radar vectors / request direct IAF…” ?

ATS are bound to know about this issue.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 04 Apr 20:37
LFPT, LFPN

Walter wrote:

So how to deal with an arrival clearance you don’t find in the charts?

Say “Arrival route xxx is not in my database. Request vectors.” Which is what I would do in any case (even if the arrival route is in our database) because all these STAR end at the KIL NBD. This means that the approaches then will need to be flown as procedural approach which is not something that I want to do at a rate of 60 Euros per minute…
But of course they should be on the Jeppesen charts, especially because the STAR chart in the AIP is from July 2015. Plenty of time to work that in.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Jepp:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jepp has issues with new approches. EDQT RNAV was missing for almost 6 months. The only thing you can do is call the support. I remember a call to support where I had to go with them click by click though EAD to convice them that there is an IAP

United Kingdom

Like what_next, I can see no evidence that the “missing” charts actually exist. Can you post an example of one, Walter?

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message