Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Chiang Mai (VTCC) to Bournemouth (EGHH) 2015

I am brining my Jetprop to Europe during April – Chiang Mai to Bournemouth, and just trying to finalise my routing.

Due to current winds and inefficient routing; my longest leg, Aqaba (OJAQ) to Dubrovnik (LDDU) is starting to look bladder busting and marginal, so I am considering an intermediate refueling stop and was hoping for some advice on the best refueling stop given the choice between Rhodes LGRP, Thessaloniki LGTS, or Tirana LATI).

Considerations are ideally, fuel availability (JetA1), slot requirements, airport fees and self handling/ economical mandatory handling!

I do not mind paying for handling as long as it is not eye watering. I will be arranging my own fuel uplifts, GenDecs etc, so my typical handling requirements normally consists of airside transportation, and a guide through the airport to wherever you pay fees etc.
I have already emailed the various airports directly to see if I can get a response, but any info with local knowledge and ideally contact details would be gratefully received!

I plan to make the Aero show at EDNY enroute to Bournemouth so looking forward to meeting some of you at the dinner, providing I can get a landing slot and the stars are all in alignment during the trip.

Cheers – E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

Sitia LGST is really nice. Limited opening hours however!

The runway might be a little narrow for you though

Contacts:

If you go there, say Hello to Dimitris from me

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Besides the scenic approach (DME arc!), Iraklion LGIR beats Sitia on all levels. It’s H24 and costs the same with AOPA membership. Sitia’s opening hours are terrible. They open once or twice a day for 2 hours even though a whole crowd of staff is present all the time. Millions of Euros sunk in infrastructure providing very little utility value…

I find Tirana relatively expensive. They do have mandatory handling. IIRC the minimum charge is something like 150€ for the smallest of airplanes. They must have Jet A1 since there are scheduled flights that refuel there. I think they even have AVGAS but availability may be spurious.

LFPT, LFPN

I hear much good said about Beograd LYBE, especially for refuelling, but it must be almost as far as Dubrovnik.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

LYBE has the cheapest fuel in Europe…

EGTF, LFTF
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message