Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

The EFATO scenario is a very rare thing and except a Bird Strike i don’t really see it happen often with a jet engine. And it’s still a light airplane that can probably be landed successfully gliding.

The engine in the back can be an advantage too in a crash, but i don’t have any data. In any case EFATO in the SF50 will be less dangerous than in a piston twin. Should not take more than 15 seconds to reach 500 ft AGL

Flyer59 wrote:

The EFATO scenario is a very rare thing and except a Bird Strike i don’t really see it happen often with a jet engine. And it’s still a light airplane that can probably be landed successfully gliding.

But it does happen. Jets typically have two engines or more though so it is not as big a deal.

EGTK Oxford

Mike is right, at least for single engine commercial ops. Annex III includes ASDA with a public transport safety factor of 1.3x and is typically the most limiting. Checking a PC12 AFM they use Vs x 1.1 as the decision speed, which reduces for lighter loads in function of the lower stall speed.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

There is a difference between USA and Europe: the USA is full of airports, H24 mostly, so a jet with a limited range, say 800nm, is actually quite usable.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Flyer59 The TTx is not that different yet it doesn’t sell nearly as well.

Please compare the size of the cabin, the room in the back and the visibility …

Not the fasted jet out there but it will have a lot going for it and beautiful looks, especially with the gear up (right Peter!!)

http://cirrusaircraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/vision_sf50_2-1920×732.jpg

Peter, why cant I see my images when I post them?

EGKB Biggin Hill London

One of the best features is that it has almost the same outside dimensions as an SR22 … it would actually fit in my hangar :-)

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Peter, why cant I see my images when I post them?

I’m not Peter, but I guess that you did not click/tap on the preview button (the camera symbol)

LFPT, LFPN

@Aviathor Yes thanks I did not know about that button.
@Flyer59 Yes it will fit in a standard hangar. It is a real beauty and I think it will be a game changer.

Who will pay half a million more for an Eclipse or a Meridien or $1 million++ more for a TBM when these small beautiful jets are available? Yes, others might be more fuel efficient, slightly faster but the Vision Jet will tick many boxes for single pilot operations of a jet. Slow stall speed, flying qualities of a 22, pressurisation etc, etc. A real game changer and 550 sold….over $1 billion of product sales.

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Sign in to add your message