Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Countries without an airport

Link for the image above here More photos here

Quoting from the link the airfield was on “Bendererstrasse in the municipality of Im Tröxle” and “in 2000 the connecting road Tröxlegass – Rosengartenweg in Schaan was named Bim Flugplatz in memory of the airfield” So somebody is at least aware of its prior existence but it doesn’t look flyable to me

Somebody must have operated ultralights recently from some field, somewhere in Liechtenstein?! I’ve often ridden small roads north from Landquart to Austria, avoiding buying an annual Swiss motorway sticker for a single short transit… still lots of 300 meter + farm fields north of Schaan.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Jun 23:13

dublinpilot wrote:

It appears that all five of the sovereign states without an airport are located within Europe.

Not surprising: It’s actually the list of the 5 smaller sovereign states in the world which are not islands.

Germany

Silvaire wrote:

Somebody must have operated ultralights recently from some field, somewhere in Liechtenstein?!
I don’t think so. Switzerland doesn’t have any ultralights, as the Swiss don’t have such a “class” in their jurisdiction, therefore, both countries don’t have any “UL-strips”. All possible “ultralights” operating out of Switzerland, have to fly under a CS-LSA certification. Bringing ultralights from abroad into Switzerland (and therefore in Liechtenstein too) is only allowed for a limited time and only for non-residents.

There are however three airfields close to the border with Liechtenstein: St. Gallen-Altenrhein (LSZR) and Hohenems (LOIH) in the north and Bad Ragaz (LSZE) in the south. And yes, there might be still some space in Liechtenstein left for a possible new airstrip, but I don’t think local farmers will give their land away for a (temporary) airstrip. The old one is indeed not flyable anymore, now being an industrial park.
Last Edited by Frans at 06 Jun 22:58
Switzerland
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message