Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German Cessna 560XL D-CAWM crash at EKAH (Aarhus).

Taxl flight with Pink’s crew members. All walked away without injuries.

Preliminary report:
https://havarikommissionen.dk/media/9421/l_2019_havari_2019-327_dcawm_motorfly_aarhus_ekah.pdf

local copy

Last Edited by Michael_J at 06 Sep 13:34
EKRK, Denmark

Black hole effect?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Black hole effect?

I guess that illusion is very common for heavy CAT as when they fly visually they will still aim for runway thresholds (where a SEP can go mid-runway without much problem) also, not sure how many of those accidents had to do with inertia? any trace of full power being applied before impact?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Inertia should only help to keep something stabilised!

Doesn’t look like inertia, but more a first decision to land short to keep runway meters giv n the bad visibility but falls in too short landing given it went fully under the glide slope .

LFMD, France

So that’s why the VOR was U/S when I went!

EGTF, LFTF

greg_mp wrote:

Doesn’t look like inertia, but more a first decision to land short to keep runway meters giv n the bad visibility but falls in too short landing given it went fully under the glide slope .

I was more referring to “engine power and mass interia”, in SEP you have immediate power to go-around
Undershoot glide path, hit windsheer on idle in a jet and you are doomed, in pistons you can always “save it”

How much of “black-hole” accidents relates to that? or people just hit the ground without noticing and power on idle

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message