Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2xSR22 landing on top of each other

I wonder what the cause might be. Insufficient or imprecise position reports on the approach, combined with a lack of TCAS?

From here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Isn’t that the standard Cirrus mating procedure?

ESME, ESMS

Never thought this site should be X-rated.

EFHF

The making of a bastard aeroplane?

Not sure what to conclude here, but in that case the Piper and the Cessna “coupled” on short final, landed together, the C152’s undercarriage remained intact, and there was less damage all over.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

It’s amazing this has happened before and they landed “ok”.

However, collisions on final approach are hardly surprising, given how many people report their position, and fly very close to the ground on short final.

Administrator

I have always just found it feels “right” to be well above the PAPIs rather than on the glide slope (and of course we know it is right in a single). I dont know why but being low on the approach just feels uncomfortable so if anything I naturally end up high and maybe a little hot

I have noticed other people seem happier to be low – dont know why?

I often see people do a very low approach; so low that you can see their shadow on the ground underneath them for the last 1-2nm.

It may be a consequence of the training which gets them to fly huge circuits, and then flying a proper descent profile takes more work when you are flying say a 3nm final.

Administrator

huv wrote:

The making of a bastard aeroplane?

Well, neither “Ceper” nor “Pissna” sound all too encouraging.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message