Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Current derogations from EASA FCL attack on N-regs - reportedly some surprising info

Although the focus is very much on N reg, there are a lot of big hitters throughout Europe, Russia, etc, who have M reg jets

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

But how is “operator” defined? The registration documents for my plane only mention an “owner”.
Or would the default interpretation be that the operator is identical to the owner, until the owner or operator themselver report otherwise?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Definitions
For the purposes of this Regulation:
(h) ‘operator’ shall mean any legal or natural person, or company operating or proposing to operate one or more aircraft;

You could set up a company outside of Europe and have it listed in your documentation somewhere that they are the Operator. If you file your own flight plans then ensure that you have ‘Operated by ….’ within the remarks section.

Not really sure what you mean Neil, M reg, VP-C, VP-B etc validate ICAO licences and are based outside of the EU anyway, and issue their own legally binding documentation.

Thank you Phobos. As a typical Belgian, I am not very good at finding or reading legal texts, but build on a long tradition of tweaking them This one doesn’t seem particularly hard.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

This one doesn’t seem particularly hard.

Well, I’m still wondering what this thread is all about
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Neil wrote:

Although the focus is very much on N reg, there are a lot of big hitters throughout Europe, Russia, etc, who have M reg jets

So what ? Are they doing any serious Lobbying ?
I think not.

The big hitters, or more precisely the Big Spenders will just move to one of the dozens of “convenience flags” and pay the fees.

Last Edited by Michael at 11 Mar 18:57
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

So what ? Are they doing any serious Lobbying ?

My post was a reply to this:

I wouldn’t think so. I remember Czech CAA insisting that private pilots can’t use electronic logbooks, because the relevant AMC mentioned only commercial operators (they can keep the logs on behalf of pilots). I had to laugh. However, if you’re patient and polite, they are capable of changing their opinion. I would think they either don’t care (nobody important has an N-reg and makes a fuss about it or there are not many N-regs in the country at all) or they want to make the life of N-reg owners more difficult.

Where it is stated nobody important has an N reg.

However, to move on to the rest of your post, I don’t understand this:

Michael wrote:

The big hitters, or more precisely the Big Spenders will just move to one of the dozens of “convenience flags” and pay the fees

Moving to any non-EASA register still leaves the same problem of crew licensing and PART-NCC

Last Edited by Neil at 11 Mar 19:11
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

It depends how the organisation is structured Neil, so it’s not as clear cut as you may think. It’s also something that the European Parliament do not wish to be bogged down with, and even say this year that they don’t wish FAA pilots to be left in a legal void (hence the derogation to April 2017 to allow a BASA between FAA and EASA)

They know only too well the amount of legal issues and legal claims they would have from thousands of pilots, so rightly so have relaxed their stance.

Im now hangared in Hungary. If they insist I cant use my lic there I will just move. Simple as that. If I have to I will move back all the way to the USA.

The way I see it every time the EU conjures up another rule they bump up against an existing rule that an individual country already has established. For years these rules have been working in individual countries but now the EU rules supercede causing a problem. A major problem is the Bureaucrats in individual countries that cant seem to give up control so that is another roadblock.

As an example of a dysfunctional govt one need look no further than the migrant debacle. A 5th grader could have foretold what is happening here today. The Brits are certainly right to give the EU the finger.

So back to the topic at hand I will just wait to see what develops.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

A major problem is the Bureaucrats in individual countries that cant seem to give up control so that is another roadblock.

Wasn’t this about a derogation from the EU decision? I don’t understand what this is all about. EU makes a regulation that almost everybody can and is making a derogation for? Those that don’t are somehow bad? Can someone explain what this is about?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
Sign in to add your message