Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Customs in the Paris area or the importance of fax transmission logs (PPR for all of France now)

lenthamen wrote:

A Dutch pilot has been ordered to fly back after landing at Chambery LFLB yesterday, because he did not file a “PREAVIS DE VOL DOUANE”.
He flew there from Rotterdam EHRD, which is Schengen.

This really does not make sense.

@Peter: I would argue… it is not because they are Police that they are right.
I already argued with a police officer which claimed “I am the law” when I asked him which legal text supported this position. At the end I was proven right… it only took some time.

Last Edited by jfw at 02 May 13:08
jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

jfw wrote:

This really does not make sense.

That’s what I thought as well, but I just got pointed to this NOTAM:

LFFA-E1472/16
Q) LFFF/QFAXX/IV/NBO/ A/000/999/4751N00330E005
A) LFLA AUXERRE BRANCHES
B) 2016 Apr 22 12:45 C) 2016 Jul 22 23:59
E) DUE TO EMERGENCY STATE, FOR ALL FLIGHT CROSSING THE BORDER:
CUSTOMS: PPR COMPULSORY (SEE VAC AD2 LFLA TXT 02: HOURS OF OPS)

Presumably this affects the Carcassonne fly-in too.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Presumably this affects the Carcassonne fly-in too.

First of all the NOTAM cited is for Auxerre. Secondly Carcassonne is a port of entry with Customs and Immigration.

Edit: and I insist, no PPR during opening hours. Consult AIP and NOTAMs to find out what the opening hours are.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 02 May 14:45
LFPT, LFPN

I called Le Bourget BRIA (ARO) which essentially confirmed that in general no customs is required for intra-Schengen, intra-EU flights. There are however special cases like Auxerre (and Colmar from previous discussions here) that require customs for some reason.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 02 May 14:44
LFPT, LFPN

Secondly Carcassonne is a port of entry with Customs and Immigration

There seem to be airports that, although they have customs, request a 24h prior notice if you come from extra – schengen.
In addition they also want it 24h ahead of departure. That is even worse than before Schengen.

See Avignon here: http://www.avignon.aeroport.fr/en/arrival
and http://www.avignon.aeroport.fr/en/departure

Is that voluntary or mandatory? In the a.m. case with Chambery – isn’t that a custom airport too?

EDxx, Germany

Please stop spreading unnecessary fear based on unsubstantiated information also known as desinformation. Read AIP and NOTAMs and relate to that because that is your most reliable source. Do not believe all you’re told when calling the airport.

Wrt Carcassonne we have been corresponding extensively with Customs, ATS and airport management. No requirement to fill in any form 24 hrs in advance was ever mentioned. You may as a courtesy to customs, but it is not stated anywhere that it is required, particularly not in AIP or NOTAMs

Last Edited by Aviathor at 02 May 14:43
LFPT, LFPN

I would like to believe you …however, the above is the title of the required form. Do you accuse those authorities of “unsubstantiated information also known as desinformation” ?

EDxx, Germany

FWIW, just to make a small point, there are loads of airports which are ports of entry but are PNR for customs/immigration. One has to go by the AIP to get the PNR period, if any.

An overriding notam is something else. Would such a notam appear under airport notams, or under enroute notams? IFR pilots rarely get enroute notams because the traditional reason for those is for VFR flight where P areas and such can pop up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

nobbi wrote:

I would like to believe you …

This form is a pure courtesy to customs. There is no requirement to fill it out. There is no PNR or PPR at Carcassonne (within customs opening hours). Period.

If you think otherwise, please refer to relevant part of AIP or NOTAM.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 02 May 22:29
LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message